• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC Junkyards

LKQ bought City Salvage on 70/Miami in Durham. It's now a self-serve/pick & pull: http://www.lkqselfserve.com/FindaLo...rhamSelfServeAutoParts/tabid/217/Default.aspx

I was there to get some stuff for the other car a few weeks ago and there was an 88 (I think) XJ with a set of RC full rear springs, looked like maybe 4 1/2". I didn't have the right tools to pull 'em. Probably gone by now :-( but there were at least 4 other XJs there in various states of pull-age.

Hey Katuah, thanks for that! that one is only about 10 min away from where i work, so that is definitely useful!

Last time i checked, there was a 2$ entrance fee. is that the same? also - do you recall if they accept Credit cards there or at the LKQ in Clayton?

thx!

Yep, $2 entrance fee in Durham, and yes, they take credit cards. They let me take in my cordless drill and a hand saw, but I dunno what they'd do if I showed up with a power saw. I heard them telling one guy not to bring in a propane torch. Duh.

Dunno about LKQ Clayton, I've not been out there. It's on the other side of the Triangle from me - I'd be more likely to go to Greensboro, unless I was going with somebody else. Speaking of which - are there any open-to-the-public JYs in the Burlington/Mebane/G'boro area?

Hey, I found this junkyard on a website that turned up when I was searching something other than junkyards. I have no firsthand knowledge of this place but I copied what was on the site for anyone that is interested. Maybe someone local can help with what kind of place it is and if they are a decent place to buy parts.

Ironman Jeep Parts - junk yard
1599 Midway Road, Pickens, SC 29671, 864-878-2903, [email protected]
M-F 9-6, Sat 9-1:30
Large junkyard with over 200 Jeeps and several dozen Scouts. They are a small town, family owned-family run business that lets you pull your own parts. They also have a small 2 bay shop where they perform engine/tranny swaps, cut down axles, install roll cages, put in lockers, etc.
Directions: I-85 N, to exit #21 - Hwy 178, go west on Hwy 178. Go through Liberty. Go through Pickens downtown on Hwy 178. Three (3) miles past Pickens Main Street, find Masters Grocery on right and turn right on Midway Road. Go 4.5 miles and Ironman Jeep Parts is on left.

do they have a website???

Back