• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC CraigsList Thread

Just went through the pictures. "Just builted" "to much to list"

A "warm climate state like Arizona." Apparently this guy has never camped on the rim of the Grand Canyon. Overnights are COLD up there.

My wife needs a new car....but I don't think this is it. She doesn't care for white cars.

I like how he didn't list a lot of the upgrades, but did list the "cooler in the back to keep your drinks cold."

EDIT: I just noticed the angry eyes. It is back in consideration for my wife's new ride!!

Wish my engine bay was that clean...

FYI, this poor guy:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5516092166.html

I was going to head down there this weekend to negotiate and probably pick that up for the wife.

In case he deletes it soon, it's an 04 overland, factory nav, sunroof, maroon, 126k on the odometer, and $6500.

Ran a carfax on it today, and 18 months ago it sold at auction in Wisconsin with 260,000 miles on it. A private party registered it two months later, and then about 6 weeks after that this guy registered it. He said when he bought it the odometer read 109k. The shock level over the phone makes me think he had no idea.

I've learned not to trust a clean carfax--I once bought an XJ that had a clean carfax but had been rolled. But sometimes they do catch this stuff.

FYI, this poor guy:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5516092166.html

I was going to head down there this weekend to negotiate and probably pick that up for the wife.

In case he deletes it soon, it's an 04 overland, factory nav, sunroof, maroon, 126k on the odometer, and $6500.

Ran a carfax on it today, and 18 months ago it sold at auction in Wisconsin with 260,000 miles on it. A private party registered it two months later, and then about 6 weeks after that this guy registered it. He said when he bought it the odometer read 109k. The shock level over the phone makes me think he had no idea.

I've learned not to trust a clean carfax--I once bought an XJ that had a clean carfax but had been rolled. But sometimes they do catch this stuff.

so are you saying someone changed the millage on it?

Doubt they changed the miles. Probably just popped in a different cluster with lower mileage showing.

Those clusters come out pretty easy.

Probably hard in the salvage market. Not many 2 doors hanging around the junk yards.

That said, you can probably pick them up (at least the glass) on RockAuto pretty easy.

Worked on Big Hooptie this weekend. The brakes were sketchy when I bought it due to the previous owner's failed attempt at doing a brake job. Over the last couple of years he had replaced everything except the driver's front brake hose (which looked rotten with dry cracking and rusty fittings). Don't know why he didn't replace that, but then again I don't understand why people will replace only one critical part under their vehicle when there's usually another one on the other side that's just as old and worn. :bs:

But anyway, there was plenty of air in the system and a good bleeding did the trick at first to get her on the road safely. After driving it for a while and doing a test tow with my trailer I realized the passenger side front rotor had been glazed from trying to do most of the braking for the whole truck. So today I went ahead and replaced both front brake hoses and sanded the glazing off the rotors and pads. Took it for a test drive and she stops as well as I would expect now.

Then I got some new tars for the rear! Fronts are still in great shape so four news ones went on the back. I got a little taller tire than the originals to get a little more highway speed. 4.10's with 215/85r16's pretty much limited me to 60 MPH if I didn't want to make the engine scream.

Then I test fit our Jeep tent on the truck. It was a promotional dealership item that came with XJ's back around 2000 or so. Bummer that it was too big to fit on the truck bed so we pulled out our slightly smaller backup tent, and it fit perfectly! Go RVing the redneck way! This should beat sleeping on the ground, especially if it rains.

I pulled an AX-15 out of a 96 two door at the LQK here in charlotte last weekend. But if I remember correctly it has Manual windows and locks.

Back