• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC Beach Trip

Im in as of the moment. My GF "might" go if she can get off work. Or I might bring a kid, or I might just come down by myself and look at all the girls that are way too young for me LOL!

And drink beer of course :)

Yeah the chances of me making it are getting slimmer and slimmer, time to throw in the towel on trying to make it work, y'all have fun down there.

Ill be there with the jet ski. Hope to have the bed bunk/launch ramp made by then.

Here is the website with a link to rules and regs pdf. Pretty straight forward, things to note:

-Dogs must be on a leash
-No glass
-No liquor or wine (be smart about this, hint solo cups)
-Fires must be in a container (I will be bringing Ghost's fire ring)
-Do not drive in the water!!!! This will get you a huge fine.
-Obey the speed limit and no donuts
-No trailers allowed on the beach

As far as vehicle capability goes, stock 4x4s can make it down the beach with lowered air pressure. There are multiple gas stations with air about a mile from the beach. 2wd will get you stuck quick if you have never been on the sand before. Drive with common sense, starting is really the hardest part. Once you get rolling you plane out on top of the sand.

Be prepared for rain/storms. We have gotten hit pretty hard in the past and it forms quick. Obviously bring plenty of sunscreen and shade. The wind is usually strong and consistent, as it is the beach, so have adequate anchors for the sand for your pop-up or tent. A recycled aluminum can makes a great sand anchor. Punch a small hole in the bottom, run your guy-line through that hole and loop the line around your stake or a nail, bury the can.

Jetskis: There are no trailers allowed on the beach. There is a boat launch in Carolina Beach close-by, however you cannot leave your trailer at the ramp unattached. Xjtrailrider told me at the Crawl there is a lot at the Police Station that you can leave your trailer, if anyone is interested please let me know and I will follow up on this. I also have a friend in the area I have left a trailer at in the past I can check with if this is possible again. Skis are not allowed in the surf in front of the beach, but we can ride the Intercoastal Waterway and Inlet (surf in the inlet to ride). Ski parking is allowed on the Inlet side of the beach where we will be camping.

Food- Campfire, bring a grill, campstove, or they deliver pizza on the beach. Beer and ice can be delivered on the beach as well but you will pay a premium. Don't skimp on your ice, like Harlan it goes quick.

Firewood-- Bring it! It's expensive in town and that crap is hard to burn.

Uhh yeah Idk anything else any questions? Beach veterans have anything to add?

Ok so maybe I should trailer greenie with a load of wood in the truck? IDK that I'll camp on the beach. I'm old and like flush toilets. What hotels will be close to you guys?

Ok so maybe I should trailer greenie with a load of wood in the truck? IDK that I'll camp on the beach. I'm old and like flush toilets. What hotels will be close to you guys?

If everyone brings a bundle or so we will be good, you have a station wagon for a reason!

Tim recommends the Staybridge Suites in Wilmington for a reasonable cost. You can be on the beach in ~20mins. The hotels on Carolina Beach are extremely overpriced during the peak season.

If everyone brings a bundle or so we will be good, you have a station wagon for a reason!

Tim recommends the Staybridge Suites in Wilmington for a reasonable cost. You can be on the beach in ~20mins. The hotels on Carolina Beach are extremely overpriced during the peak season.

True! Yea that place is showing $239 a night for that weekend! Ouch! That is not reasonable! Might just wing it!

Yeah, that's the only way I'd be able to go and 239 ain't happnin.

Though, a Jetski in the ocean sounds like a BLAST.

I looked on google and other sites and there are some in the $90 - $150 a night range.

A lot of those hotels in Wilmington are right near UNCW, so if prices are high its probably because parents are in town getting their kids set up for school.

There are plenty of other hotel options as well.

What are the odds that I'll be murdered in my sleep while staying there?

Actually when I had that girl I was seeing in Myrtle I stayed at some "cheaper" hotels out of necessity. They are all fairly safe. Unless of course you have a black bike week and drug deals going down...... :scared:

A lot of those hotels in Wilmington are right near UNCW, so if prices are high its probably because parents are in town getting their kids set up for school.

There are plenty of other hotel options as well.

Yea IDK who is coming with me. The GF or the boys so it's hard to plan right now.

Unless anyone seriously objects I plan on camping down on the inlet side. Skis can be parked there, the wind and traffic usually isn't as bad either. The partial downside is that you don't have surf crashing all the time. If weather has been bad the inlet can be cut off from the rest of the beach at high tide, but I believe they fixed this issue last year with the inlet dredging/beach filling.

This is where we camped last year.

I PREFERRED the inlet last time. The water was much calmer. The only downfall is that you had to 140 feet out into the water to get your junk wet.

Less than two weeks away. I can't wait, had an itch for some beach time for awhile. When is everyone arriving? I'm planning on Friday maybe Thursday. The jetski bed mount has been built and tested. I may have some local friends come.

Any questions/plans?

I'm back on the IDK list. Greenie currently has no exhaust and I have little time.

I'm out. My son has a football jamboree on the 16th that I just found out about today. Its his first middle school games so he really wants me there. I'm broke anyway so it kinda works out for me to stay at home

Beach trip is probably best postponed. Seems to be a bad weekend for everyone including Tim and I. We will try and reschedule soon.

Back