• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat spring?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, how many springs is the seat "base" supposed to have?

I found this spring lying under my seat.

I know it's from the seat...but I don't know where it came from! Both the driver's side and passenger side seat bottoms (below the cushion) have 6 springs. So I'm not sure where this would go. Any ideas?

Spring.jpg

You're right, I suppose it could be for the sliding mechanism. It's too cold to go investigate again tonight.

I thought the sliding mechanism (as in adjusting the seat closer or further away from the steering wheel) used different springs though. This looks exactly like the springs which hold the cushion in. There's some metal wires beneath the seat and such which support the cushion, etc.

Dunno there's 3 springs on either side of the "wires" which support the cushion. I don't see any other holes where the spring could attach do on the seat bracket. I wish it was a bit warmer then I could just tear the seat apart and have a better look.

Dunno, maybe they are using this same type of spring in more than just once place.

Here's a pic from gojeep's website. So I'm guessing the spring didn't come from the seat cushion support.... Yes those are ZJ seats (as he mentions all XJ's after such and such a year get ZJ seats in Australia) but the construction looks to be the same. But regardless it appears that they have 3 springs per side of the cushion support, for a total of 6 per seat.

And I have all 6 per seat.

Seat%20002.jpg

Actually there are 8 springs per seat, 4 on each side of the cushion support.

Still haven't found where this bad boy goes...the "adjustment lever" springs are different as well, so it isn't for that.

Back