• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched rock rails, still undecided.

I run Andy's rails from CRSU....they are Weld on and very beeeeefy!

They are 2x4 and the 3 out riggers to the frame are 2"x 2" tube with 1/4" plates to weld to the frame.

They took a lil finagling to Get set up (you have to notch the pinch seam Like the ORGS units), but once you're set, no worries!

31.JPG

My rig came down HARD on the drivers rail there...no worries.
42.JPG

13.jpg

I know guys who rave about their rails and have never even freakinhit them...that befuddles me ;)

If I didn't get the CRSU's I'd go with the ORGS SuperNerfs

Here is another option and these are thanks to OneTonXJ at Forward Momentum. Cut the rocker panel out and weld in a 3" x 5" square tube. No lose of ground clearance and strengthens the uni-body...! Please excuse the overspray, I didn't have a chance to clean it up before the pictures.

IM000919.jpg

IM000920.jpg

I have to add my thumbs up to AJ's. Just received my set of his newly designed SuperRails. These things are very solid and a great price!

ONE TON XJ

and Forward Momentum I also have a set just installed before Badlands last week, they were only in primer and I dropped the jeep on them a couple of times and barely a scratch. Touch as Heck and no real loss of ground clearance, tight fit to the body but enough to pivot around trees at badlands :D

Should the top of the slider butt up against the bottom of the body? Looking at pictures of custom4x4's shows there is some offset, whereas pics of others it doesn't look that way. If there are differences, which one is better?

AJ'S AJ'S AJ'S.........As nfor the Ultimate 2x4 rail, I came up with that Idea and he kept it. It's a matter of preference I was told. AJ himself told me it was an overkill but he happily made them and sodl them to me. I went to tellico for the fall flog and they got used HARD. I have 1/8" steel and they were plenty strong for me. The way he explained it to me was if you see alot of rocks use 3/16 otherwise go with 1/8. I pivivted on them and came down on the pretty hard and even rested on the stuck at one point. all I did was scratch the paint. I think I paid like 220 for them got them within 2 weeks of ordering them and all I had to do was Paint and mount. I used rutoliem primer and painted twice.

All I can say from here is I couldn't be happier. I am glad I didn't spend more and get less

Happy hunting

Just got some pics of ARTSTER's rails, this afternoon.

fa847476.jpg

fa84747a.jpg

fa8474af.jpg

fa8474b3.jpg

Im thinkin one could kill 2 birds with one stone...check-out-
Detoursusa.com , kinda diggin this set up even though they say
its not available yet, think I may hold out for mine.

Hammertoe said:
Im thinkin one could kill 2 birds with one stone...check-out-
Detoursusa.com , kinda diggin this set up even though they say
its not available yet, think I may hold out for mine.

Looks pretty simple; just sleeving and some rails, although I would like to see a middle mounting point for those rails.

XJ_soon.jpg

"Introducing the XJ Unibody Stiffening System with Rok-Slyders, "Only The Hard-Core Need Apply." Simply designed to be the best and most complete stiffening system on the market. The Rok-Slyder system (2"x3" box tubing) is welded and gusseted in place to the Unibody Stiffener (1.5"x3" box tubing). The complete assembly bolts on in 2 places: at the front control arm & rear leaf pack using your existing factory hardware. Complete removal of the bolts is NOT necessary, simply loosen them and slide the Unibody Reinforcer into place, then re-torque. Once secured into place "plug-welds" are required in 4 strategic locations for maximum strength. If your not an experienced welder, no problem! Simply bolt them on and drive to your local welding shop to complete the installation. The most complete system available."

- www.detoursusa.com/xjunireinforcer.html

1 ton rails

For those of you using the rails by one ton, do they replace your rocker panels? How much are they? Does anyone have closer pictures. I have a 92 xj and my rockers are shot, and I want rock rails. I'm just seeing if I can kill two birds with one stone. Thanks for any other input.

aueagle

Re: 1 ton rails

aueaglexj said:
For those of you using the rails by one ton, do they replace your rocker panels? How much are they? Does anyone have closer pictures. I have a 92 xj and my rockers are shot, and I want rock rails. I'm just seeing if I can kill two birds with one stone. Thanks for any other input.

aueagle

Yes, they do replace the rocker panel up to the bottom of the door. I can get you some closer pictures, but I would suggest that you contact OneTonXJ by PMing and talk to him about pricing and availability.

Back