• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

search isnt helping...

bigsky89

NAXJA Forum User
so i cant get the search to work, so im asking stupid questions...

firstly ive had this problem for six months now and i cant find it myself. i now know i have a bad signal light ground, but i cant find the stupid thing to save my life. anyone know this problem or where the ground is connected to for the passenger side signal light?

secondly, im getting BFG M/T's in 31's, i know i ahve the clearance in the back with 2 3/4" lift but the front is only up 1." ive done a fender chop of about three inches or maybe a little more, not too sure, i know i cut past the creases around the fender. will an extra 1" of lift and a major trim job fit 31's up front?

thirdly, what is the function of that plastic fender liner, can it just come out? or is it protecting things that are vital in any way? ive found that my 30's dont make contact with the fender at full flex, just that plastic liner.

i already did my trim, yours looks good, i pinned my stock flares back on with some machine screws, my XJ is older and thus doesnt have the coolant res. in the fender, mines all far away from there. what i really want to know is if the plastic fender well liner can go... and i really need help with the electrical thing, i cant figure it out to save my life

someone just tell me where the ground is to the signal system... its not a burned out signal flasher cause it still flashes just the park light doesnt come on, i spent hours reading a service manual and came up with nothing, does anyone know where the ground is for the park lights and signals so i can check that? anyone?

pm "MJR" and ask him. Don't forget to include the year of your jeep.

He's a busy guy, so expect it to take him a couple of days to respond.

-C

Not sure what year you have but the F pin on the tailight connector is for ground. There should be a splice in there that connects all the wires from the lights and runs them to this pin. Then there should be another connector up behind the right rear panel, pin 7 on this is for ground.
I haven't gone out and looked at my Jeep to verify this (1995) since I installed my trailer wiring harness. I would start at the bulb socket and check the ground between each connector until I found the break.

Not sure if this helps, or if it's SPOBI, I was looking at the general schematic for the rear lighting.

If it's just the one light not working (from looking at the schematic) after the splice they all share a common wire so that leads me to believe the problem is between the splice and the socket.

Back