• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seafoam Info

HogWash

NAXJA Forum User
I ran seafoam in my engine,gas tank and vacume lines.I just changed the oil should I leave it in there or should I change the oil again?It doesnt say not to leave it in there,but it did fix my stubborn lifter(no more pinging)I ran it in my DD vehicle and the oil press dropped a little bit.My jeep is not my DD so should I leave it?

Seafoam isn't oil additive.

You're supposed to put some in the oil run the vehicle for a few miles, then drain the oil and replace it with new oil.

Thats what I was trying to get at.It doesnt say to change the oil after you put it in.Just wondering if any one else has done this?Ive only ran it maybe 15 miles.If so I need to change it AGAIN.

MyJeepXJ said:
Change the oil. Just change it. Supertech oil and filter: $9 at WalMart. Go. Let the wind carry you.
LOL thanks man<should I change it today or can I wait? Dont think ill be driving it much this weekend.

no supertech oil and fram filters! I ran this because i figured oil is oil who cares. i honestly think that supertech oil is slightly recycled oil or something. I must have used it for 3 or 4 oil changes. My friend was driving behind me one day and i floored it and took off and he calls me up and tells me to stop because i was blowing blue smoke out. I couldn't believe it because my jeep never burned oil before. I did it again and it smoked again. i also started to notice oil building up on my lift gate. A few weeks later i started to get a diesel shudder when i'd shut the engine off. I checked the oil and the level was good. After a few weeks still getting the shudder when shutting it off I changed the oil for quaker state and a bosch filter and it has never shuddered like that since and i have never seen smoke, seen oil film on my liftgate, or been told that i have been burning oil since. wally world oil is crap!...sorry for the rant

Back