• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

school me on lokka lockers

Please support your claim that the two different companies use the same material and same processes to produce similar products.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't claiming to know, just saying If the same steel is used and machined to same specs it would be same product. The price then comes down to overhead of machine shop. If lower quality steel is used then for sure big difference.

Lokka is the original Aussie locker. Looks like Torque Master bought the name. I believe Torque Masters was I believe the original Powertrax locker. I had the Original Aussie in my 87 XJ is was nice, pretty quiet for a lunch box Locker. The new company very very noisy. If everything is the same as the original I would buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lokka is the original Aussie locker. Looks like Torque Master bought the name. I believe Torque Masters was I believe the original Powertrax locker. I had the Original Aussie in my 87 XJ is was nice, pretty quiet for a lunch box Locker. The new company very very noisy. If everything is the same as the original I would buy.

Well, your post is clear as mud.

I have to ask. Is English your first language?

There's a lot of rumor and misinformation out there on the forums. There is nothing accurate in the above quote. Feel free to hit us up anytime if you have questions about our products or company history. :wave1:

Hi Folks, Cora from Torq-Masters here, hope I can clear things up, there's a lot of rumor and misinformation about Aussie and Lokka out there.

The Aussie Locker has always been owned by Torq-Masters, we introduced the Aussie in 2003. There would be no Aussie Locker if not for Torq-Masters, the Aussie name has never been licensed or rebranded - but it was sold when Torq-Masters was sold in 2014. We are focusing more on the Torq-Masters parent company name now that we are introducing new products such as the TORQ Locker and soon a line of made in USA axle shafts. From 2003 to 2012 we outsourced the Aussie Locker manufacturing to Australia, the same machine shop made lockers for a few companies including Lokka. For a number of reasons we chose to move manufacturing to the USA in 2012. After loosing our large account, said machine shop added some intentionally misleading and flat out false comments to their product page about Aussie Locker to try to gain customers based on the reputation Aussie Locker and Torq-Masters has built. We have perused legal action against these false statements.

So what's the difference?

Warranty: AL = 2 year manufacturing defects, no restrictions. LL = 3 year, driving on pavement voids warranty with rear locker and manual transmission, or front locker and non lock-out hubs aka your XJ Dana 30. The LL full warranty is not on their website, only in the install manual after you purchase the unit. The full AL warranty is on our website.

Quality: Slapping a Made in USA sticker on a unit is not just a way to upcharge folks, it's a quality indicator. The Aussie and TORQ locker are the highest quality auto lockers on the market made from the highest quality steel, we can say this with confidence because we've tested our competitors. The Aussie and TORQ are the only auto lockers made 100% in the USA using 100% USA made 9310 alloy steel, in an ISO certified facility (note, ISO certification is not to be taken lightly, not many companies are manufacturing in ISO certified facilities). Take a look around at other companies, look to see if they list the steel grade used, where their parts are made, ISO certifications, or if they list any of this information at all. Heat treating is also super important, if the heat treat is not even, you will get stress risers where the gears can crack and cause catastrophic damage within the differential (no auto lockers have collateral damage clauses in their warranty). The Aussie and TORQ are held to a super tight heat treat tolerance for Rockwell hardness, our heat treat facility holds within one unit of HRC across the part. We have not seen this consistency of heat treat from any overseas facilities in the locker market.

Check out the most recent issue of CRAWL magazine for a factory tour of Torq-Masters, the article has some cool shots from heat treat too.

Customer Service: Customer Service is a top priority for Torq-Masters, owned and operated by Offroaders, we've been in your shoes, and we know what it's like to be blown off by a company when you need help on nights and weekends. We go the extra mile. If you have an issue with Lokka, their only contact info is the 'Contact Us' section of the website, no phone or email listed.

Bottom Line:

There are plenty of folks that have run all the different auto locker brands out there, some with success, some without. They are not all apples to apples. Like many things in life (especially machined goods) you get what you pay for.

Bought into the mis/information Lokka posted on their site. Because of this explanation, I will be buying Torq-Masters when I upgrade my gears. I have many years working experience in ISO certified factories. ISO certification is not easy to get and maintain. Any place that has it gets my respect.

Thanks Cora

Ordered the twin package. If all goes right should answer the question of which one to do first.

So Chuck did you get your lockers ? How long did it take ? I'am thinking of getting the twin pack also and wanted to hear YOUR experience on the sale and delivery of the product .
Your thread got interesting with the buy USA think going on and that company coming in and schooling us .

So Chuck did you get your lockers ? How long did it take ? I'am thinking of getting the twin pack also and wanted to hear YOUR experience on the sale and delivery of the product .
Your thread got interesting with the buy USA think going on and that company coming in and schooling us .

The thread did take an unexpected turn, so skipping the buy American question and any bad blood between business partners I will update this. I ordered a pair for my chryco 8.25 and dana 30 on Nov. 22. I received an email from a company called TNT saying they had scheduled a shipment on Nov. 23, estimated delivery Nov. 30. FedEx delivered both to me on Nov. 29. I did not ever have any communication with the actual manufacturer, but not a big deal.

I have installed the rear chryco 8.25 one, but not the front dana 30 one as of yet. The directions where a little cloudy about the C-clips(at least to me), but once I got that figured out it went pretty smoothly. It was very loud at first, to the point that I thought I messed up somewhere. Just as I was getting ready to pull it back apart, after 2 or 3 days it quieted down. Not sure if this is normal, good, or bad but I have had it on some snowy two tracks and it seems to work pretty good. Used it about a month now, I have not done any really hard stuff yet, so can't comment on that. Over all I am happy, 8 out of 10 IMO.

Glad this came up as I am about to pull the trigger on a lunch box. Also, thanks for the responses Cora. I feel like the $60 may be well spent if for nothing else my piece of mind. Now, if only I can figure out if I want to do front or rear first (kidding, sorta).

I dont think there is a big price difference. I bought Aussie Locker in ebay for 322,- $ with shipping to EU, on the Lokka site there is 365,- $

I had problems with the aussie locker in my Dana 30 and after some mailing with Cora I changed the cross pin and extend the gap and after that aussie works great. No binding in sharp turn, very low clicking noise and perfect traction in part time 4x4 in terrain.

I dont think there is a big price difference. I bought Aussie Locker in ebay for 322,- $ with shipping to EU, on the Lokka site there is 365,- $

I had problems with the aussie locker in my Dana 30 and after some mailing with Cora I changed the cross pin and extend the gap and after that aussie works great. No binding in sharp turn, very low clicking noise and perfect traction in part time 4x4 in terrain.

Customer support. What a concept these days.

Installed the front one during the New Year weekend. A little harder as I had to pull the carrier and unbolt the ring gear.

The rear one is back to making a lot of loud noises, but they seem to work well on little two tracks.

I am gonna go to this place: https://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/ and try to really work em.

Back