• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SBNF, 2N04, NAXJA Adopt-A-Trail

Ed A. Stevens

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We have the official go ahead to complete the trail adoption, and Sequoia has stepped up to put his name on the forms as the responsible party.

What we need to complete the adoption is a Club Roster. Names of club members, to attach to the form (something that can be updated as needed to cover additional members). With the roster, the District Ranger is willing the sign off on the agreement and the NAXJA adoption can be official.

We also need a SoCal NAXJA Logo (something that is not immediate, but will be displayed on signs at each entrance to the trail).

I have asked if we could reserve the Juniper Flats group campground, for a summer tour of BB/Onyx runs and trail clean up weekend. This CG is very close to one end of 2N04.

If someone has a target date for a summer run schedule (when 6000 ft. has a climate advantage over JV & Calico) let's start some early organization. There are a variety of runs in the Onyx & BB areas to exploit to fill out a fun weekend.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this Ed and Sequoia. I would suggest something in June or July to avoid conflicts with the other NAXJA runs. Maybe even 4th of July, it's a 3 day weekend.

What's that Scott? If you're asking whether I've submitted all the members names in our area...I have not submitted a roster to the SBNF yet, I was planning on submiting all member names in our chapter.

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
What's that Scott? If you're asking whether I've submitted all the members names in our area...I have not submitted a roster to the SBNF yet, I was planning on submiting all member names in our chapter.

Sequoia

RIGHT ON! Just give me a date..... Except for the June 25-27th, I'm going
to Trinity River for a some fishin, that weekend.

Scott S.

RisingSun said:
YUP Being a member, is kind of like being in the Armed Forces.... You volunteer unvoluntarily..
Yup when they say volunteers step forward, you gotta be quick enough to take that step back in sync with everyone else LOL.

Anyways, I'm game, although I don't know if July 4th weekend is a good idea: a lot of people will have some family obligations. Anyways, I'm game for the most part for second half of July with exception of last weekend of July or first one in August.
And that reminds me: what about our logo??
Ed A. Stevens said:
We also need a SoCal NAXJA Logo (something that is not immediate, but will be displayed on signs at each entrance to the trail).

Do we have any members with an open weekend in late May or sometime in June?

The SD 4x4 clubs usually run BB over the July 4 holiday weekend, but if we want to as well it's not likely to be a problem.

Sequoia, is the SoCal roster on Excel (names only needed)?

I'm in. I like the 4th of July weekend its a great way too show people that we are a good club to be belong to and maybe score some points with locals and rangers who will all be in attendance for the 4th of july weekend. That is the bussiest non-snow related weekend they have!

Rabbit

I am willing to help out with this. All I am asking for is for ADVANCED notice. I need this in order to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Back