• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SAVE THE DATE - NAXJA SoCal Fest 2015

87 is taken again. I'm looking into other campgrounds? Anyone know anything about Pineknot? It's close by.
Pine knot is on the other side of the lake near Snow Summit, maybe a 5-10 minute drive from Serrano .

So my dad (turned 72 this year) had a CJ5 back in the 60s that he beat to hell, considers himself an expert, and wants to show the younger folks how offroading should be done. He's coming down from Washington and I'll be bringing him up on Saturday in my 2001 XJ (recently upgraded with a Russ Pottenger stroker and it will have d44 w/ Aussie locker in the rear by sundown tomorrow). I managed to snag site 27 for Saturday night. What's the best way to hook up with the group midday? I don't have a CB unfortunately, but suppose I could pick one up if that's easiest.

We're going to try an make a day run. I hope we'll be in the jeep,i may still be on crutches so that means the van.
Hope to see you all, Cyndee really wants to say hi to Carol and Karen..I just don't know why. LOL
:party:

We're going to try an make a day run. I hope we'll be in the jeep,i may still be on crutches so that means the van.
Hope to see you all, Cyndee really wants to say hi to Carol and Karen..I just don't know why. LOL

it will be good to see your old ass again. :piratefla

Me and my wife will be coming up there but staying at Hanna Flats due to Serrano being booked. We're new to this and this is our first time going out so how do we meet up with the group to go on some runs? Any details would be nice. Thank you.

There will probably be a Friday afternoon 3pm run. And the full group runs Saturday morning at 9 am.
We meet at the discovery center.

Dinner /raffle in the campground around 7pm Saturday night.....Beer pong around midnight.....

I will probably run John Bull on the Friday unofficial run.

Yeah we're showing up Friday night. We'll meet everyone at the Discovery Center at 9 am then. Is there a difference in the morning and afternoon runs? And where specifically will we meet there?

So my dad (turned 72 this year) had a CJ5 back in the 60s that he beat to hell, considers himself an expert, and wants to show the younger folks how offroading should be done. He's coming down from Washington and I'll be bringing him up on Saturday in my 2001 XJ (recently upgraded with a Russ Pottenger stroker and it will have d44 w/ Aussie locker in the rear by sundown tomorrow). I managed to snag site 27 for Saturday night. What's the best way to hook up with the group midday? I don't have a CB unfortunately, but suppose I could pick one up if that's easiest.

A lot of folks run Ham or CB; CB tends to be channels ending in "4" (4, 14, 24...). But reception is bad enough it probably isn't worth buying one. If you are trying to meet up midday Saturday, it's really hard to say; progress on any trail is never according to schedule.

If there is a Gold or White Mountain run, that's likely what I'll be on, and you can try texting me to see where we are at; it's possible I will have signal... six19 six5four 97five8

Because we miss her more than we miss you, Scott! LOL, no, we miss both of you... How'd you end up on crutches? Did you kick your Jeep?

Me and my wife will be coming up there but staying at Hanna Flats due to Serrano being booked. We're new to this and this is our first time going out so how do we meet up with the group to go on some runs? Any details would be nice. Thank you.

It was great meeting you Monday, TJ, and we'll see you up there!

Carol

Kinda Carol, i have these things called taller tires now. Old people shouldn't jump off of them. Tools and sockets on ground makes things happen. LOL.
We'll try to make it up there, no promises at this time as they changed my doctors appt.

Only broke my heel bone, and bent my ankle so i could see the bottom of my shoe ( hair lined that). Yep one of the hardest bones (heel) in your body they said. Leave it to me.HaHa

I think you were channeling my ex-husband... he does dumb fractures like that...

Sorry to hear it, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly, and that we get to see you at SCF!

The hammer came down on a day run. The wife is saying No to it. She doesn't want me to twist it walking on the uneven ground. Which I totally understand. :(
So have a great time.

Mmmmph. I understand, but I don't gotta like it!

We got Sequoia's new camp ride.
1972255_10100378849401412_418624978_n_zps190e45e1.jpg

Back