• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sanden OBA while keeping A/C; the cheap & easy method

XJ_ranger said:
lil off topic, but is anyone runnin the Cadilac suspention compressors for OBA? read about what im talking about here:
http://www.projectxj.com/mods/oba.htm

cool looking idea... with a tank it would work better...

man thats a idea. i'll have to go pricing! i think if you take a dremal and open it up inside a little it would work great, two of them going into a tank.

Thanks for the updated pics - I'm the guy who PM'd about them.

On that belt routing, what year XJ are you running? Did you skip the tensioner when using the stock belt or was there enough adjustment left to keep it in the loop?

edit: Nevermind, I just reread the thread and see the answer is here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but does anyone know if he used a different upper radiator hose and if so, what type. What year xj is this done on? I have a spare a/c compressor I have sitting around that I want to use for a OBA set up, but I don't think I'd be able to get around the upper hose.

it would be great if we could get a write up of how the brackets were done and or how the comps were mounted that would be great! im very interested in doing this mod, but with a new baby, i have to keep the AC.

thanks
stewie

53guy said:
also, does anyone have any of the origional photo's?

I've been subscribed to this thread for a long time, since it's on my to-do list. The brackets look fairly straightforward. The pics that show halfway down are the same pics as originally posted.

It looks like he might have turned the compressor on its side or something. Or did Jeep change compressor types between the old and new model jeeps. The compressor looks a bit different than the one I have.

53guy said:
It looks like he might have turned the compressor on its side or something. Or did Jeep change compressor types between the old and new model jeeps. The compressor looks a bit different than the one I have.

Early XJ a/c compressors are Sanden, use the ear-mount (in the pic), have a top fill hole. Later XJ a/c compressors are some Japanese (iirc) compressor, use a different mount (bolt goes up and down), and have a side fill hole.

-Mike

Back