• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sandblaster locally?

AaronJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I wanna sandblast my knuckles and give them a fresh coat of paint before my new axles go in, I got an estimate from a place in Glastonbury, they wanted 75$ witch is way more then I think us fair for 2 small parts, anybody on heer have one they'd let me use?

That's because they still have to pay someone the time to setup and blast your two small parts.

I would just get a wire wheel attachment for a drill and go to town. Shouldn't take you more than a half hour to clean both of them.

Are they rusty or greasy or both? I've had FANTASTIC results using a product called Evap-o-rust. Its about 20.00/gallon, but is reusable, non-toxic, and safe for everything.

http://www.evaporust.com/evaporust.html?gclid=CKe1uaz5ua8CFUQTNAodmXAAkQ

If there is a local Tractor Supply store, you can just pick it up there. I use it for everything.

Hope this helps,

John

I ended up just going at them with the wire wheel, slow process, banged out one last night in about an hour and a half, I'll do the other one tonight, wasent as bad as I expected, I'm to cheep to spend that much

After wirewheeling them try and hit them with some lite sandpaper because.. wire wheels tend to polish the surface which does make an ideal painting surface.

A wire wheel for an angle grinder will finish this in about 5min per knuckle... one for a drill will have you working on it all day if it is heavy chunky rust.

Back