• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Flea Rally 2012

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
TORXreport: Sand Flea Rally 2012 - Sandlake, OR

I decided Sandlake would be a great first long distance trip for the Nail Salon. I hadn't been there in two years, and was kind of itching to get back on the sand. It just so happens the Sand Flea Rally was going on this weekend, so I joined up with some Piston's Wild members and headed down for the day. Left Vancouver at 0600.
IMG_0059.jpg

We got to Sandlake, raised the flags, let some air out, and met up with the rest of our group.
IMG_0062.jpg

We cruised to the first bowl, and played around a bit.
IMG_0066.jpg

Isaac brought out the 4Runner, and it was tearing up the sand. He made a few runs up the bowl.
IMG_0067.jpg

Kenny811.
IMG_0074.jpg

Never know what you're going to find out cruising the dunes.
IMG_0073.jpg

Continuing on...
IMG_0077.jpg

Got out to the Back Forty.
IMG_0078.jpg

Wyldman.
IMG_0079.jpg

We found a "toilet bowl" as Douglas named them, and convinced Daryl to give it a shot.
IMG_0083.jpg

Douglas jumped in after, and we all realized that the TJ's short wheel base was a huge advantage.
IMG_0085.jpg

It's still sand though...
IMG_0089.jpg

After we all took a turn, we found an exit out of the trees via a small hill climb.
IMG_0092.jpg

Nail Salon. Overall I was very happy with the performance.
IMG_0095.jpg

One of the members was having fuel delivery issues. After the Fuel_filter_bypass_mod all was good.
IMG_0098.jpg

Party Wagon?
IMG_0100.jpg

Thought I saw Red Dragons down there for a second.
IMG_0099.jpg

Headed toward the beach.
IMG_0102.jpg

We cruised down the beach, and then checked out the wash out.
IMG_0108.jpg

Daryl trying to conquer the quick sand.
IMG_0110.jpg

The hole eventually got someone, and Daryl used Warn to extract them.
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

The Toyota liked to roost.
IMG_0117.jpg

Got tow rig?
IMG_0121.jpg

After an amazing group lunch we headed back out to see what other trouble we could get into. Found another Toilet Bowl.
IMG_0123.jpg

Douglas had to show everyone up. Listen to Mike at the 15sec mark. :D

Carmmal wanted a better view of the sky.
IMG_0129.jpg

One of the best parts of the day was the unofficial race that all the sudden broke out. Daryl took off in the lead, while Darel and I followed. I remember being side by side with Bruiser at 4500rpm flying down the main stretch. Too much fun.

:insert dellstopjeep comment here:
IMG_0137.jpg

Kenny and I representing the grocery getters.
IMG_0142.jpg

Kenny managed to find a rather large hole, a tree.
IMG_0144.jpg

Nothing like using your brand new winch on yourself.
IMG_0146.jpg

His Jeep now sports a cow bell.
IMG_0147.jpg

The climb out from Kenny's location was a pretty good one.
IMG_0151.jpg

Passer by gettin' it.
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Decided to end the day with the sunset on the beach
IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Perfect end to the day.
IMG_0166.jpg

I've never been much of a "sand" guy, but I can't wait to get back down there. I'll definitely be planning a Sandlake run in the future. It would be a blast with the NWC crew.

Also, I should note I ran into mojojojo who was registered for the rally, Orange Jeep who was sporting a quad for the day, and I got a quick glimpse of bloodtype_Jeep driving through the day use. Anyone else make it?

Torx, you should come to dunefest this year! Sand lake is a spec on the map compared to the Oregon dunes!

Back