• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle Up trail work

i talked to him briefly when i was out there last sunday and it sounded like he was still planning on it. he also mentioned if we could get another excavator up there it would make things go a lot faster. i will keep an eye on this forum and plan to be up there this sunday if there is work going on.

Jahmaal will be at saddle up early sun to pick up where we left off last time. He only has til 230 so he will be there early. Our meet up time is 8am at Rogers camp. Then full out to saddle up @ 820am.

Bring food, water, pants, gloves, sun screen, bug spray, shovels. Chain saws if ya have them.

See you all sunday

Ok everyone. The next trail work day will be Sunday the 14th. Because of the fire season we may have to stop working @ 1pm. So we will be starting work @ 7am. Meet at Rogers camp @ 6 and roll out to saddle up @ 620. Bring plenty of water, pants ect.

See you all then.

I usually do when I go....but because I was out of town this last time, I was unable to provide. I wish SOMEONE would post up some pics of last weekends work party progress.... it would be a shame for there to be a gap in the documented progression of this trail project....

I just don't really take pics

I spent most of my time re-routing the trail to the trees and clearing debris. I only got 1 pic of kenny. I'll take more pics this sun.
a3apa7yj.jpg

I just don't really take pics

I spent most of my time re-routing the trail to the trees and clearing debris. I only got 1 pic of kenny. I'll take more pics this sun.
a3apa7yj.jpg
There you have it, the official "Trail Build" trip report.

I'll try to recoup the lack of the progress report from this last work party with pics of the current progress before we begin work on Sunday. Post up what details I can of what happened from the people involved so our documentation of all this is current and up to date. It wont be up till next week, but at least it will be up.

Re: Re: Saddle Up trail work

I'll try to recoup the lack of the progress report from this last work party with pics of the current progress before we begin work on Sunday. Post up what details I can of what happened from the people involved so our documentation of all this is current and up to date. It wont be up till next week, but at least it will be up.

That's what I had planned.

Lol so I met up with kenny on hwy6 and we waited at Rogers camp til 820am then headed to saddle up. We arrived to find Ryan (briandbub) and Jahmaal Rebb getting ready to unload the mini X. We started off the day by picking up where we left off with the last work day. Jahmaal cleared the debris and pulled stumps while Ryan and kenny relocated reforestation trees. I scouted ahead to route our way to the trail. Once we met up with the trail atop a ledge climb we went back and started making our way down the trail making slight adjustments working toward the outcropping of trees. Jahmaal just pulled the smaller stumps now as I rerouted the trail between most and marked the larger ones for removal with the 6ton X planned for next week. We made good time and was able to make it to the trees before quitting time. We had to stop @2pm cause Jahmaal had a Robert Plant concert to get to. Feeling satisfied at a days hard work we headed back for the rigs for lunch and Jahmaal cleaned up the trail grade making his way out. We ate lunch and talked about monsters in the woods and country music as Jahmaal headed out. After a bit we all decided to head home. Since it was Sunday we opted not to wheel out but to just head straight home. Unfortunately Ryan's suburban wanted to stay in the woods a little longer so it got a flat tire. Kenny was there to lend Ryan his tire repair kit and compressor. We were back to drifting down the tsf roads in no time and on our way home.

I want to thank kenny and Ryan for coming out and helping this work get done. I look forward to it again.

good report i dont have much to add other than meet at 8am doesnt mean be at the trail at 8am and feel like your at the wrong place, lol.

i didnt get a ton of pictures but i did get a few

a before picture where you can kinda see the pink paint for outline and orange paint for a center line
942683_602126523155581_465432238_n.jpg

jahmaal working his way up the trail clearing brush and pulling stumps
1010696_602126529822247_1806023291_n.jpg

1044502_602126519822248_196993776_n.jpg

aaron put down the spray paint for a minute to help, lol
1005318_602126649822235_893359847_n.jpg

making good progress again after getting the track put back on
1004772_602126656488901_341897076_n.jpg

trying to grease the fitting to tighten the track but it is kinda hard when its at a 90 degree angle in the wrong direction...
933904_602126699822230_69369866_n.jpg

this concludes my write up...:)

Back