• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sad...

Are you really that surprised? Obama cares more about how he looks and what the rest of the world thinks of him than he does what's actually right or what we think.

Genesis 12:3 said:
I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.
Spoken to Israel. And if you look at history it's played out well.

Well, I'll take a line from the First Lady...I'm embarrassed to be represented by this Administration....

"Yes we can't!"

And all this surprises you why, exactly?

In the absence of a better choice, I voted for the naughty librarian and the old guy. Palin may not be someone we want a heartbeat away from the Oval Office, but neither of the Democrats were anyone I wanted in the Oval Office for any length of time (down to what can be measured in attoseconds...)

From Stargate SG-1 - "May your reign last days, and your death take years."

This is very scary for me personally. The Bible is very explicit with what happens to countries that turn their back on Israel. Never in American history have we turned our backs on Israel. This administration has made it painfully clear they're on Palestine's side. I know everyone doesn't believe in the Bible. I'm just giving my personal opinion.
Honestly, Israel and the Bible aside. Has any head of state ever been treated this poorly while visiting the USA?

This is very scary for me personally. The Bible is very explicit with what happens to countries that turn their back on Israel. Never in American history have we turned our backs on Israel. This administration has made it painfully clear they're on Palestine's side. I know everyone doesn't believe in the Bible. I'm just giving my personal opinion.
Honestly, Israel and the Bible aside. Has any head of state ever been treated this poorly while visiting the USA?

Just curious but isn't Israel only about 65 years old? Don't think it was around when the bible was written(the holy land was though). They just need to fight amongst themselves IMO. The Israelis are a good bunch to have on our side but You can get a word in edge wise between that bunch of crazies!

Just curious but isn't Israel only about 65 years old? Don't think it was around when the bible was written(the holy land was though). They just need to fight amongst themselves IMO. The Israelis are a good bunch to have on our side but You can get a word in edge wise between that bunch of crazies!

I'm no Bible scholar but I believe the Holy Land mentioned in the Bible is Israel, which you are correct, was officially recognized as a country/state in 1948. They do need to fight it out amongst themselves but Israel is one of our biggest allies in the middles east. We should stand behind them based on that alone.

Israel was a nation since biblical times. They were split at one point into Israel and Judea due to infighting amongst the 12 tribes, Israel to the north. Israel has always had Jerusalem as its capital. Then came the 1st century ADish when the Romans came through and burnt Jerusalem to the ground scattered the Israelites. They had been conquered and put in slavery multiple times in their history, but always came back within a couple hundred years or so. When the Romans did it, it took em almost 2000 yrs to get back in the land.

:doh:

Proof that the US Government should not be involved in the education of our children.

Mullah Stinky (BO) and his disciples can do nothing that will surprise me.

The present State of Israel was created by Stalin and FDR by taking away lands from the Arabs in the region. They saw tribes of Arabs and treated them just like we did the American Indians, they took their land.

This is what has caused the peace problem in the region.

Fast forward to now.

The Israeli government wants Jerusalem as it's capitol. The Palistinians want back what they claim the Israeli's stole and want to make it their capitol. The Jews want to restore the Temple mount, the Muslims in the area want to retain the Masque that is there.

The issue is about Palistinian soverenty and Israeli sovernty. Each refuses to acknowledge that each other exists. The Jews are not going anywhere. They were dumped there in their own little desert reservation, and they will remain there. The Arabs what back what was taken from them, but they are not going to get it back either.

Net has been the Israeli president a few times now, but each time he fails to learn the lesson abut getting along with he neighbors. Push your neighbor and they will push back. The same problem with the Arabs.

Was "O" right in walking out? Maybe not, but it was an act of frustration and the nation of Israel needs to know that our monitary support (more than we give to any other nation) and our political support will not last forever if Israel wont come to terms with it's role in the region's politics and learn not to continiously poke it's unstable neighbor.

I for one am sick of hearing about Palistinians killing Israeli's and visa versa. They all have to get along or they will all go nowhere.

It's like having someone you don't especially like move in next to you. You can't force them out, and you can't be mean to them without retailiation. The best you can hope for is coexistance, and that is what the folks in that region need to realize.

Ron

Israel was a nation since biblical times. They were split at one point into Israel and Judea due to infighting amongst the 12 tribes, Israel to the north. Israel has always had Jerusalem as its capital. Then came the 1st century ADish when the Romans came through and burnt Jerusalem to the ground scattered the Israelites. They had been conquered and put in slavery multiple times in their history, but always came back within a couple hundred years or so. When the Romans did it, it took em almost 2000 yrs to get back in the land.

Thanks for clarifying.

:doh:

Proof that the US Government should not be involved in the education of our children.

Proof that i didn't pay attention in school! I'll admit it I re-read that and I sounded like an idiot. Not that its any different than normal! :doh:

Last edited:
The present State of Israel was created by Stalin and FDR by taking away lands from the Arabs in the region. They saw tribes of Arabs and treated them just like we did the American Indians, they took their land.

This is what has caused the peace problem in the region.

Fast forward to now.

The Israeli government wants Jerusalem as it's capitol. The Palistinians want back what they claim the Israeli's stole and want to make it their capitol. The Jews want to restore the Temple mount, the Muslims in the area want to retain the Masque that is there.

The issue is about Palistinian soverenty and Israeli sovernty. Each refuses to acknowledge that each other exists. The Jews are not going anywhere. They were dumped there in their own little desert reservation, and they will remain there. The Arabs what back what was taken from them, but they are not going to get it back either.

Net has been the Israeli president a few times now, but each time he fails to learn the lesson abut getting along with he neighbors. Push your neighbor and they will push back. The same problem with the Arabs.

Was "O" right in walking out? Maybe not, but it was an act of frustration and the nation of Israel needs to know that our monitary support (more than we give to any other nation) and our political support will not last forever if Israel wont come to terms with it's role in the region's politics and learn not to continiously poke it's unstable neighbor.

I for one am sick of hearing about Palistinians killing Israeli's and visa versa. They all have to get along or they will all go nowhere.

It's like having someone you don't especially like move in next to you. You can't force them out, and you can't be mean to them without retailiation. The best you can hope for is coexistance, and that is what the folks in that region need to realize.

Ron

So we should blame it on FDR and the Russians? They sound like a bunch of little kids fighting over a toy over there.

I think it could have been handled different, but they created what is the present State of Israel after WWII to give Jews a place to go (that wasn't in Europe).

I agree, it has gotten a bit childish over there. They both want the same things. Family, peace, a place to hang their hat, and prosperity. Not too much to ask, right?

Nah, it's come down to fighting over a bit of frigg'n sand. Unbelievable. If this was two kids fighting a sandbox, you'd knock their heads together and tell them to stop being stupid and play nice.

Ron

"Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store."

A day after the declaration of independence of the State of Israel, armies of five Arab countries, Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq, invaded Israel. This marked the beginning of the War of Independence. Arab states have jointly waged four full scale wars against Israel:
  • 1948 War of Independence
  • 1956 Sinai War
  • 1967 Six Day War
  • 1973 Yom Kippur War
Despite the numerical superiority of the Arab armies, Israel defended itself each time and won. After each war Israeli army withdrew from most of the areas it captured (see maps).

This is unprecedented in World history and shows Israel's willingness to reach peace even at the risk of fighting for its very existence each time anew.

http://www.science.co.il/Israel-history.asp

So what if the "Nation" of Israel occupied the area at one time. That is not relevant.

The STATE of Israel has not been around that long, 1948.

The US Spends, each year, billions of dollars in aid to Israel and even more in imigration grants to assist more Jews to move to that State.

We have been working for decades to hammer out a piece agreement.

Each time we get close, one side or another does something that the other finds offensive, and off we go again.

All we asked the current president was to show a little restraint until things could blow over and a settlement could be reached. We have a lot of money invested in both his country and the peace process, they OWE us bigtime. He refused. End of discussion. I would have walked out too.

I would have gone one further. I would have cut them loose. It has become appearant that neither side actually wants peace, so why bother.

Maybe if the world takes a step back, these nations will have to come to the table alone and work out their differences. It's either that or let both sides wage a war so terrible that they will both be begging their leaders for peace in a few years.

Ron

So what if the "Nation" of Israel occupied the area at one time. That is not relevant.

The STATE of Israel has not been around that long, 1948.

The US Spends, each year, billions of dollars in aid to Israel and even more in imigration grants to assist more Jews to move to that State.

We have been working for decades to hammer out a piece agreement.

Each time we get close, one side or another does something that the other finds offensive, and off we go again.

All we asked the current president was to show a little restraint until things could blow over and a settlement could be reached. We have a lot of money invested in both his country and the peace process, they OWE us bigtime. He refused. End of discussion. I would have walked out too.

I would have gone one further. I would have cut them loose. It has become appearant that neither side actually wants peace, so why bother.

Maybe if the world takes a step back, these nations will have to come to the table alone and work out their differences. It's either that or let both sides wage a war so terrible that they will both be begging their leaders for peace in a few years.

Ron

Please, Obama sold himself as the great unifier, he was supposed to end the two wars, settle things in the middle east, after all he does have a nobel peace prize doesn't he? He's a spoiled man/child who looses control when things don't go his way. He's an embarrassment to the US. Now if it was a dictator he was dealing with he would have been nice as pie, but Israel, no way. He's the great appeaser if you threaten world peace, but if you were a friend of the US in the past, screw you.

One could say that all FDR and Stalin did was restore to the Israelis what was theirs to begin with. The nation of Palestine has never existed. We also restored Poland and France, and a few other countries back to the land they owned before it was taken from them, should we have left them in German hands?

The Arabs want the Jews dead. Period. No amount of sacrifice on the Jews behalf will change that. The Arabs need to learn to play nice and consider the vast amounts of land still in thew region not owned by the Jews and be glad for it. Israel ccupies an area the size of southern Florida. That's not much to worry about.

Back