• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sad Day In Johnson Valley

Sad that the Kid's have to pay for some bad decisions they had no control over. I hope they will be ok.

a 1 year old should not be in a jeep offroad anyway unless properly strapped into some hardcore car seat
Put your child in a proper seat for their age and they'll be fine. At one, a lot of kids are still either in rear facing seats or just turned around, still in seats with 5 point harnesses. That's all the seat you need. My oldest (now 7) was out fourwheeling on a nice easy trail at 8 months. We braced her in her seat for the easier stuff and my wife either got out and carried her or rode with her and held steady over any obstacles.
A lot of rude offensive comments here. None of you have any idea what ACTUALLY went on.

Wouldn't it be ironic if YOU or your wife made a mistake that cost your life, and all people said about you was. "Natural selection" or "poor jeep"

Geez
4 people in two seats with no seat belts going fast enough to roll 3 times. None of that sounds like a wise decision by the parents. This wasn't a simple mistake, this was negligence and the parents willfully endangering their kids. I have 3 kids, and I would never even consider anything like that.
I have four kids and we go Jeeping as much as possible. If I ever put my wife and kids through something like this, because I didn't belt them up(or put four people into two seats), I should be shot and dragged through hot coals. I would expect absolutely zero mercy.

Poor kids.

I would see this as more bolsteing the "cellphones are as dangerous as alcohol argument" than the "anti OHV rednecks throwing beer cans and doing wheelies over wildlife " argument.
I think the real fear would be that it would be more evidence that we are a bunch of irresponsible idiots who endanger the lives of innocent children in the pursuit of thrills. Like the dad in the Samurai who went out drunk wheeling with his child and rolled it into a creek, drowning the kid.
how many fatality accidents do you think happened on our road ways just today? Jeep related fatalities are very uncommon, but when they do happen they get a lot of attention because if it. were these parents negligent? probably so. it is truly sad. learn from it, and go on. this family will suffer for way too long.
How many of the road fatalities were as easily preventable as not taking more people than you have seats for, or belting up, or driving at a reasonable pace for the conditions? Also, driving in general isn't seen as a "privilege" by those in charge. People need to drive to work and such, we don't need to cruise the lakebed.

It's sad to hear of a tragedy that could have been so easily avoided. A little common sense and responsible behavior goes a long way. Unfortunately, those aren't requirements to become a parent.

A lot of rude offensive comments here. None of you have any idea what ACTUALLY went on.

Wouldn't it be ironic if YOU or your wife made a mistake that cost your life, and all people said about you was. "Natural selection" or "poor jeep"

Geez
if you put your 1-4 year old kids in your lap without belts and go wheeling you deserve your ass kicked, nevermind some offensive comments.
you know those kids will likely have to deal with facial scars their whole life, and we all know how nice kids can be to eachother. on top of not having a dad...

the fact that the adults werent wearing seatbelts is one thing, but children that young is inexcusable.

if you put your 1-4 year old kids in your lap without belts and go wheeling you deserve your ass kicked, nevermind some offensive comments.
you know those kids will likely have to deal with facial scars their whole life, and we all know how nice kids can be to eachother. on top of not having a dad...

the fact that the adults werent wearing seatbelts is one thing, but children that young is inexcusable.

That is a sad outlook. I never said it wasn't stupid of them, it was very stupid. But to make jokes and sneer at someone DIEING?! You must be some kind of low life.

Someone earlier said I am condoning his bad behavior.... Come on. Get real.

I had a friend who went out deer hunting by himself this last year, rolled his quad, and died. Left his family and kids. Is that natural selection? Was it stupid that he did that? Yes. Very stupid, irresponsible, and probably will mess up his family's life.

Or how about my dad. Went out scouting a trail on his dirt bike, some guy came flying around the corner, hit my dad square on, broke my dads coler bones and ribs, and the other guy is now a quadriplegic, with 4 kids and a wife. Is he RETARDED? Should his @ss be kicked?

A man died, in a sad sad mistake. Lay off the rude comments. Karma is a b--ch.

Darwinism isnt allways nice and cute. The woman chose the guy, and the kids are at LEAST half dumbass... let nature take its course, free of second guessing.

It'd be one thing, if he flopped it, but it takes a lot of speed to roll 3 times... if he was too busy to give a shit about his familys safety, why should I? 1 Less retard...

Geez

That is a sad outlook. I never said it wasn't stupid of them, it was very stupid. But to make jokes and sneer at someone DIEING?! You must be some kind of low life.

I had a friend who went out deer hunting by himself this last year, rolled his quad, and died. Left his family and kids. Is that natural selection? Was it stupid that he did that? Yes. Very stupid, irresponsible, and probably will mess up his family's life.

Or how about my dad. Went out scouting a trail on his dirt bike, some guy came flying around the corner, hit my dad square on, broke my dads coler bones and ribs, and the other guy is now a quadriplegic, with 4 kids and a wife. Is he RETARDED? Should his @ss be kicked?

whats sad is that you don't seem to realize that the guy was a moron and so was the wife for allowing it. just had to get that cell phone signal!
your being an apologist for a guy because he died.

did you stop to think that had the children died and not the parents they would be charged with vehicular manslaughter, negligence child endangerment and a whole slew of other charges? the mother might still face some charges. and she should do time for neglect and child endangerment. we dont even know if there was booze involved which would make it worse!

what about the black eye this indecent puts on the sport as a whole?

if i wheel without a seat belt and roll and die i deserved it. if i wheel drunk and roll and die i deserved it. if im on a bike flying around blind corners and get hurt guess what? i deserved it! take off the cotton diapers and accept responsibility for your actions. self accountability sucka!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

if i do something that stupid, then yes, i deserve any karma that comes back around. there's a difference between an accident and blatant neglingence. that's the point you're failing to see. Perhaps you're the dirtbag who can't understand an accident from child endangerment.
and i'm not making jokes about anything, just pointing out the fact that was a horribly bad idea so maybe someone in here can learn from that mistake. go ahead and sugar coat it for everyone though, that will do a lot of good.
do you think all the anti drunk driving campaigns are just out there to make people feel bad? should we stop those too? afterall, if they kill someone, it was only an accident just like this, right? same thing, like rolling an atv? if a rapist gets killed in the act, is it not fair to call him a scumbag just because the victim had a gun and was able to defend themself?

Your not understanding what some of us are saying. Relax and think about it.

Rolling a quad and dying is an accident. Should he have gone by himself, no but many people do it.

Your dad getting hit by someone else, another accident, that happens and not much can be done about it.

Putting CHILDREN on your lap with no safety geat and driving fast enough to flip 3 friggen times is absolutely unacceptable.

The parents wreckless and stupid behavior caused the dads own death and crippled a family. I have no sympathy for the father or even the mother but like I said my heart breaks for the children. They are the victims. The parents are victims of their own stupidity aka Darwin at work.

I SAID IT was stupid. You people just want to complain, and point fingers for some reason. The guy up top quoted me saying "it was very stupid of him" then replied that "it is sad that you don't think what he did us stupid." LOL

He did something VERY STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE AND HE MESSED UP, I now have said it a million times..

But a man died, unintentionally and in shame. If you have no sympathy for a human life, then you are no different inside than a cold blooded murderer. Grow up, go outside, meet some friends, and enjoy the human life.

ALL I AM SAYING, is it is ruthless to sneer at any persons life being taken away. I never said he isn't a terrible parent, that what he did wasn't horrendous, or that he shouldn't be held responsible.

It's sad to see you all call me names, like I am the one who did it. When in reality I am just trying to point out it is sad that things like this happen.

Have fun playing big kid bully in here.

Last edited:
I SAID IT was stupid. You people just want to complain, and point fingers for some reason. The guy up top quoted me saying "it was very stupid of him" then replied that "it is sad that you don't think what he did us stupid." LOL

He did something VERY STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE AND HE MESSED UP, I now have said it a million times..

But a man died, unintentionally and in shame. If you have no sympathy for a human life, then you are no different inside than a cold blooded murderer. Grow up, go outside, meet some friends, and enjoy the human life.

ALL I AM SAYING, is it is ruthless to sneer at any persons life being taken away. I never said he isn't a terrible parent, that what he did wasn't horrendous, or that he shouldn't be held responsible.

It's sad to see you all call me names, like I am the one who did it. When in reality I am just trying to point out it is sad that things like this happen.

You're the one calling people names in here (your low life comment).
go back to your own forum if you don't like it here.

What does this incident have to do with sympathy for human life?
You better wake up and face reality.
In life there are a few winners and a whole lot of losers.
If you are a person that rewards or excuses negligent behavior fine, just don't expect others to do the same.
Sure it is a sad situation, but only caused by stupidity.
A lot of people die, some by accident, some by stupid moves, some by natural selection. It's life, get with it.

I see the point of both sides of this (pointless, stupid) argument, but the plain and simple fact is stupid = dead in the dirt.

it doesn't matter what happened here it matters how this is going to effect both the family and the OHV community trying desperately to save JV and promote it as a family wheeling destination.

What does this incident have to do with sympathy for human life?
You better wake up and face reality.
In life there are a few winners and a whole lot of losers.
If you are a person that rewards or excuses negligent behavior fine, just don't expect others to do the same.
Sure it is a sad situation, but only caused by stupidity.
A lot of people die, some by accident, some by stupid moves, some by natural selection. It's life, get with it.

No one should laugh and wish death upon a man leaving his family behind. Not you, no one.

Did I say we should reward him? Do you even read? Or do you just try to sound tough on an Internet forum.

Did I say we should reward him?

I got a reward for him, he wins the "Thank god you didn't kill your whole family at once because you and your wife are idiots" award.

Hows that? GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INEXCUSABLE. This accident was 100% avoidable.

No one should laugh and wish death upon a man leaving his family behind. Not you, no one.

Did I say we should reward him? Do you even read? Or do you just try to sound tough on an Internet forum.

were not complaining its that were not feeling sorry for an idiot that almost MURDERED his family. luckily he only managed to off himself.

your completely ignoring the fact that a CRIME was committed.
you started the name calling dont back down now.
the guy committed a crime that nearly killed three OTHER people.
but yeah we should just all cry and feel sorry for him.
its not sad that this happened. its maddening, and i nor any sane person would forgive a fool who dies by his own hand.

you are right on one point, i really dont care to much for dumb human life. your die doing something stupid? GOOD get off my planet. I get paralyzed by some moron doing something stupid, sucks for me. at least i know that cats gonna off himself sooner or later.

welcome to the planet earth were bad things happen and people die.
life sucks get a helmet. deal with it.

oh and the interweb tough guy callouts are pretty weaksauce.
must be a potato thing.

to el prez, im sorry, i didnt think that was over the line my apologies.

were not complaining its that were not feeling sorry for an idiot that almost MURDERED his family. luckily he only managed to off himself.

your completely ignoring the fact that a CRIME was committed.
you started the name calling dont back down now.
the guy committed a crime that nearly killed three OTHER people.
but yeah we should just all cry and feel sorry for him.
its not sad that this happened. its maddening, and i nor any sane person would forgive a fool who dies by his own hand.

you are right on one point, i really dont care to much for dumb human life. your die doing something stupid? GOOD get off my planet. I get paralyzed by some moron doing something stupid, sucks for me. at least i know that cats gonna off himself sooner or later.

welcome to the planet earth were bad things happen and people die.
life sucks get a helmet. deal with it.

oh and the interweb tough guy callouts are pretty weaksauce.
must be a potato thing.

to el prez, im sorry, i didnt think that was over the line my apologies.

Ok, so people who commit crimes should die. Sounds good.

Back