• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S-10 Spring Guru's

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I toasted my rear spring and do to money and time I'm getting ready to do the S-10 spring conversion on my jeep. I know a few peaple on here have done it and just was wondering if it was as easy as the write-ups show them to be? Has any one mounted the S10 spring by itself with out the Xj spring? If so how much lift? Any one with the over load spring still on it? What are your likes and dislikes of the conversion?

i have been running different combos if this for more than a year now. I started off scared and just ran a short leaf under my leafpack and it started sagging at the ends, so I added two long leaves and pulled the short one and it worked well. I never ran the overloads they are really fat.
Right now i am running 2 s10 main leafs per side with the ends cut off, with the 2nd leaf down under those. So i have been through two junkyard packs. I like the main leafs because they have decent arch to them but not so much that they will mess up your jeep main leaf.

I really like the s10 pack I put in minus the overload. They were shorter than the xj main leaf so I seriously do not think it would work as a replacement pack. And you have to consider the center pin location as well. The bastard pak works because you do not have to screw with the main leaf and end bolts. Try leaving a bit of the curve when you cut off the ends to reduce that point of friction with the main leaf. I carry a ton of weight and the pak handles it all like it was nothing.

I really like the s10 pack I put in minus the overload. They were shorter than the xj main leaf so I seriously do not think it would work as a replacement pack. And you have to consider the center pin location as well. The bastard pak works because you do not have to screw with the main leaf and end bolts. Try leaving a bit of the curve when you cut off the ends to reduce that point of friction with the main leaf. I carry a ton of weight and the pak handles it all like it was nothing.

I guess you must really like it to post 3 times. I run a full S-10 pack with an extra S-10 main added as an AAL. Rides great and gives about 3.5" of lift. Search previous threads for more info.

selarep said:
damn noobs.

Who you callin noob. I've been doin the Jeep Thing for over 20 Years. This XJ I'm running now is my 5th one So I think I'm way far from noob.

I am running the 3 leaf pack, I am not sure which S10 that is but I have the two leaves in there and not the overload and I have about 4-5 inches. I dont have flares or anything that the flares mounted to so i cant measure.

selarep said:
damn noobs.
search just gives old advise , maybe he wants to know up to date info ??

you also might want to check join dates before you call someone who has been here longer than you a newbie :)

Last edited:
lol, sorry about that. you have been doing this longer than me, shouldn't have said anything!

FYI: I am running the s-10 leafs, a whole 3 pack plus 3 od the XJ leafs, I'm sitting at 4.5" of lift. all you have to do is cut the eyelets off the s-10 pack and grind them down. check out my pics in the Thunderbird coil thread.

and there's really not NEW info on it, everything has been discussed about it in one thread or another.

The big thing I'm looking for in my origional post is personal opinions of the springs and how much lift was got out of the million combinations of this project. I'm doing this for a good strong lift at 1/3rd the price of replacement springs.

Back