• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rx eye glasses, buying them online?

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Any one ever tried this? I discovered some huge savings doing this online, but wondering about the risks. Has anyone tried it? Results?

I found one of three companies online so far that will make trifocals (That is what I need and use), but there many online complaints about their slow deliveries. The other two only did bifocals. I used Wallyworlds eye center since about 1996, but they have gotten too expensive now.

Here is the one I am looking at:

http://www.eyebuydirect.com/metal-glasses-abdulinol-golden-p-6724.html

What about your local Costco warehouse?

Last edited:
The biggest problem with buying online is measuring the interocular distance and getting the vertical placement of the divisions correct so you aren't constantly bobbing your head.

The biggest problem with buying online is measuring the interocular distance and getting the vertical placement of the divisions correct so you aren't constantly bobbing your head.

LOL, I have the non-online old style uber-expensive trifocals, and I am bobbing my head all the time anyway, LOL!

Not one anywhere near me that I know of, and I have never done business with them.
There are 3 (your info says houston, tx so that is what I typed into their location finder. Costco is amazing, have great prices, great warranties, etc. There is a membership fee, but it is worth it. And they guarantee that if you are not happy at any time they will refund your membership fee.
Not sure if they do tri-focals, but you could call and ask.

Closest Warehouses
1Houston (Galleria) (4.56 mi.)
3836 Richmond Ave
Houston TX 77027-5802
(832) 325-5850

2Katy Frwy at Bunker Hill (9.76 mi.)
1150 Bunker Hill Road
Houston TX 77055-6208
(713) 576-2050

3Willowbrook (17.11 mi.)
12405 N. Gessner Rd.
Houston TX 77064-1170