• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Steel Fenders- Installed

Hmmm.... I forgot you asked for those. I'll see what I have.
What I can tell you is 36" iroks stuff (barely) if that tells you anything

This is the best I have atm gordo

Most 37's will fit, however some of the bigger tires like the maxxis and pitbulls may be pretty tight since they seem to run a little bigger.

If I did it over again, and I may later down the road, I would have waited for the un powder coated (bare steel) fenders and cut the rears to add another few inches to the wheel well. That way you have clearance for a 39.5 and or can move the axle back a little more

The 37's look good, but to me they look small now, kinda wish I had 39.5's, but that would require way more than I want to do to a Cherokee....

I'm building a hp 44 for the front and may pick up a 44 for the rear down the road. My main concern right now is getting my frame stiffys on and doing the 2x6 rockers and getting bumpers on finally. Then I need to start a cage

Last edited:
I was wondering about these and after seeing them. I think id get the bare steel to and stretch them about 4 inches to be able to cover larger tires and allow for a front and rear stretch in wheelbase. But over all build quality and stuff looks great. Great tire coverage for wider wheels and axles also.

Looks great!! Finally sum install pics of those Rustys steel flares...thanku.. It looks like it all ties in nice. Quick question... I read those r 33's ..in first set of pics...what was ur lift in those pics? I have a red 2000...with about a 3-1/2 ...maybe 4 inch lift.

Last edited:
See post #19
Lift is the same in both pictures. About 4.5"- maybe 5"
The fenders allow for a LOT of cutting!

Last edited:
I've been wondering about these. Glad to see someone got front and rears and a write up and real opinion. Makes me feel better about wanting 35s with 4.5 lift

If you need a flare, and want the armor they are great! I'd buy them again. They still look good and the powder coat seems to be holding up great. Kinda wish the tail light boxes were integrated but I'd imagine that would be pretty tough since unibody cherokee's are all a little different.

I'll post up some pics in a few weeks with my jcr light boxes. Glad this has been of some use to some of you guys

Oh yeah, strengthens the fender a lot! I don't know if I showed it in the pics but there are 2 separate 'brackets' that tie the fender to the 'body/frame' (whatever you want to call it)
Things are very stout

I'm very close to pulling the proverbial trigger and investing in a set of these. It's been about a year since your last post, Jbh97009. Are you still happy with the product? Glad you did it? Have any issues or problems developed?

Back