• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's LA Upgrade-

Had a buddy's LA from Rusty's do the same thing. He called back, and Rusty was releasing a stronger end. Got a new one shipped out. Don't know for sure, but the problem may have been solved. Go RE.

P7250120web.jpg

Not a fan of RE....but thats another story..

Ok, new issue/question, I checked out the underside of the XJ I want to apply
his part to, its an older rig, pretty abused, but still a good runner if you can
see past the dents. Anyway, the unibody has a pretty big gash or dent up
near the front and the metals pretty distorted in this area........Can anyone
tell me how long Rusty's bracket is from end to end? (Wraps Uni-body)
I can almost guess from the photos but I'd like to know for sure the
correct measurement.
Might have to do alittle torch work to make this come together. :doh:

Thanks in advance!!

i have had rusty's LA on for about 1.5 years. took it to moab with no problems

the plates are roughly 18.5" long

I have a Rustys 6 inch LA kit. I have had it on for about 6 months now and have taken it on several trips. I have had no problems with it to date. The only real problem was how much it flexes. I have to buy some very extended brake lines in order to keep up with it. All in all, I have been very happy with everything that I have put on from Rustys. Most of the stuff is very beefy and doesnt look like it would ever bend or break. Just my 10 cents.

Hammertoe said:
18.5"....wow, sounds like alot. I think its bound to hit that damage at that
length...

Thanks!

are you talking to me?

if so did i post 18.5 i think i was supposed to type 17.5 i guess i need to look back at what i typed ,heheh

edit ok ..i see

i posted it in another thread. the plate is 17.5 inches long and sits forward of the rear spring perch 32 inches

Last edited:
mknack said:
I have a Rustys 6 inch LA kit. I have had it on for about 6 months now and have taken it on several trips. I have had no problems with it to date. The only real problem was how much it flexes. I have to buy some very extended brake lines in order to keep up with it. All in all, I have been very happy with everything that I have put on from Rustys. Most of the stuff is very beefy and doesnt look like it would ever bend or break. Just my 10 cents.

yeah, me too, so I added a center strap
steering_002.sized.jpg

well
1 they make a 9 inch spring for the front .they us a 6 inch coil with 2 inch pucks.i ask about this and the answer was what i was expecting.with the taller spring they tend to bow outward .

2. they use a bushing style joint that is welded to a threaded stud .

348rightarm-med.JPG

3. the back rear springs are already SOA .have you poked your head under you truck. they use a 6.5 rear spring with a 3 inch shackle lift .this helps pitch the rear .less shimming is needed if any at all.

Back