• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Bumper - Pre-Runner

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I'm also interested in any response you get. I have been looking at the winch version but can't tell from the pictures if it is sturdy enough to actually use the winch once it is mounted.

RyanM said:
it if its connected to your jeep with 6 bolts, its not strong enough

The bumper may be, but the mounting points aren't. My ARB mounts using the stock bumper mounts, and 2 additional holes on each side. I am in the process of beefing it more with JCR unibody tie-ins to make sure I don't rip the bumper off during a winch pull.

the protofab have longer unibody brackets that mount farther back.... it will take a winch. ... i have one also... love it! i am not a personal fan of rusty's. maybe just their lifts suck and their bumpers are sweet. also... as far as jcr bumper goes... i cant really see paying 60.00 for a tie in that should be on the bumper to begin with. dont get me wrong, i love jcr, they have some sweet stuff.

Back