• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

Oh and I was gonna say something about JeeperzCreeperz.

I fully support their right to cancel the orders. Every online retailer has a standard disclaimer regarding pricing misprints.

Being an online retailer myself, I use the following disclaimer.

Misprint
RJR is not responsible or obligated to honor any price or quantity misprint on the Site. Errors can and do occur despite best efforts to avoid them. Prices, quantities and terms listed on the Site are advertisements only. They are not offers to contract. Any orders made by you on the Site remain subject to review and acceptance by RJR Off-Road.

And customer do agree to these conditions when placing an order, whether they took the time to read them or not.

HOWEVER

I have to say that I disagree with their method of handling the misprint. When I undersell something I never cancel the order. I take the order, email or call the customer, and explain what happened. Then I give them the option of cancelling the order or get their authorization to charge the difference. Often times I will also toss in a small discount if I can to show a little appreciation for people's understanding.

Oh, and if I email someone about it and don't hear back from them within 24-48 hours, I then make it a point to call them.

In my honest opinion, after reading everything here, I will personally say that the customer service procedure used in their little misprint situation was handled poorly.

I'm not trying to downtalk the company, but there are definitely better ways to handle a situation like that.

Anyone know whether or not you can buy off the shelf replacement parts for rugged ridge steering yet? This kit will work perfect for my application I just want to know what the deal is when you kill the TRE's, I don't want to have to buy the setup all over again....

I would assume that since there are no steering setups available yet, that there are no parts available either. My best suggestion would be to get the individual parts on order as soon as you get the steering. Then by the time you possibly break a TRE the replacements will be in stock.

It will be easier for me to answer these questions once I get my Rugged Ridge account finalized. Should be any day now.

I've been debating about just picking the kit up and playing with TRE's at work and seeing what I can get to work and what not... problem is that I don't know what the different tapers are on the TRE's... and I don't know where I'll find that passenger side TRE... time to bust out the TRW book :badpc:

i called tellico on 12/04/07 before i placed my order and the guy said they had some but recomended me to place the order online. i placed the order as soon as i hung up and thought it was good . i noticed on my account it said "processing" so finally i called just 10min(12/10/07) ago to find out they did just recieve a shipment but it was already gone(to those who have already been waiting on back order) and will be getting another in 30-60 days. so with that being said i guess its time to play the waiting game.
i would rather wait for tellico then pay an extra $63 (not including shipping)
with jcwhittney. i called anyway just to see if they did have it in stock and, not supprised, it is a factory ordered item (pay more to wait the same amount of time).
well at least you get mat'l (1018),O.D.(1 1/4"),thickness(1/4" wall),and rod end dia but no pitch/thread count (7/8") or taper from jcw.

As a repeat here, you're probably looking at January before the next batch arrives off the boat, and there are currently 60-70 backorders waiting for that shipment since early November sometime.

That information is RR direct.

I'm sure they didn't receive another shipment, that was probably just to BS you a little, common retail trick.

the only thing this setup has on JCR's is not reaming knuckle... I'm not looking for THE BEEFIEST steering in the world, just something to correct my piss poor alignment with worn out stock components, this is a much cheaper alternative, and easily adjustable just like JCR. Stock replacements are in the $500 range for everything...

I suppose I could make one but where the hell do you find the TRE that this asian kit has on the passenger side? This can't be some huge mystery part that is only made in China

Is this much more of an upgrade than doing the ZJ swap? Seems that the only REAL difference I am seeing is the 7/8" TRE's. Seems if you want a cheaper upgrade it would be the almost the same and easier (since RR is backordered) to go with the ZJ upgrade. If you want a beefy upgrade go JCR. Am I missing something?

2001XJ said:
Is this much more of an upgrade than doing the ZJ swap? Seems that the only REAL difference I am seeing is the 7/8" TRE's. Seems if you want a cheaper upgrade it would be the almost the same and easier (since RR is backordered) to go with the ZJ upgrade. If you want a beefy upgrade go JCR. Am I missing something?

The material is thicker than a ZJ tie rod, and converts to crossover style steering. I'd really call that the base of it's advantage really. Personally the Y-Link steering pisses me off every time I've got my suspension twisted up and I can't turn cause the drag link TRE is hitting the swaybar mounts, lol.

It's just another bolt-on way to go. And yes, JCR is FAR superior to this if you've got the ability to do some reaming.

WheelinJR said:
The material is thicker than a ZJ tie rod, and converts to crossover style steering. I'd really call that the base of it's advantage really.

actually it is an Inverted-T steering system.

crossover steering is when the drag link and tie rod connect to the passenger side knuckle seperately (not to each other) i.e. using a Tera or WJ knuckle

IntrepidXJ said:
actually it is an Inverted-T steering system.

crossover steering is when the drag link and tie rod connect to the passenger side knuckle seperately (not to each other) i.e. using a Tera or WJ knuckle

yes, thank you mister technical man :worship:

regardless though, what I was referring to is the fact that the tie rod is solid from knuckle to knuckle. thats the goodness I want.

Back