• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

Went to national 4wd on saterday to order one , and the parts guy said there was 47 on backorder. So he says it will be awhile before it gets here.:sure:

tgoff said:
They are not active in the Better Business Bureau. I wonder why, hmmm maybe because they are shady. I lodged a complaint against them through the BBB probably to no avail but hopefully they will get the message.

We order all our lifts and a lot of other parts from Jeeperz Creeperz. They are just across the state from us, and have never done us wrong.

I have no clue what went down with the notification e-mails from this deal, but they are defiantly not "Shady." Website price errors happen, and with the web the way it is most items have such a small markup that even $20 off a regular price would be coming out of the owners pocket. There is very little markup on products that everyone else sells... if you see something for substantially less than another place is selling it, especially something that is a hot seller... something is wrong.

Also they have a storefront... you can actually walk in and purchase things. If you walk in on 80% of other online vendors you would see a dude in his underwear on his home PC.

Just wanted to speak up for Jeeperz Creeperz... Back to the steering stuff.

Last edited:
what is everyone talking about spacers for the TRE's? im looking to get the kit from CSEoffroad as they are selling the kit for $150. but if the is a probley and people needing spacers, then to me the kit is not complete. anyone have pics of the spacers and where they go? thanks for the help.

they're probably the spacers that go on the tie rod end of the draglink, to keep the TRE ffrom rolling and causing a dead spot in the center of the steering.

Could I see some pics of the spacer set up. i have the steering set up and I like it alot. just wondering about the spacers.

IntrepidXJ said:
i certainly would not use this setup on my 'rock crawler' XJ.

Why? I am trying to decide if this is good for me or should I go with something more beefy.

cse off road . com

i wheeled mine mildly just trails some rocks and is fine but my tre angle at the pitman arm is kinda sharp for my liking - so i might replace that with a heim joint - other than that is it great - just got an alignment and all is well - make sure when you order to get the steering stabilizer bracket - mine didnt come with the box and had to get it extra - free of charge - cse offroad is AWESOME in customer service

maybe i will replace all with heims and run over the knuckle?? eh maybe...

outlander said:
Just got off the phone with Lance at tellico.
At first he tried to talk me out of it saying that it is made in china(I said hopefully they didn't use lead based paint:looser: ) and sell me a more expensive kit,sales commission????
I asked him what size tube was used and he tild me that omixada doesn't give him info like that on most of it's products.....

He did tell me that the tre's are stock grand cherokee.....

So, are these really stock Grand Cherokee tre's?
If so, what year, model?
If not, what tre's are they?

yeah i have no bump steer and a drop arm at 7 inches of lift - the tre is cocked pretty good - gonna replace with heim and drill out pitman arm for a bolt... that should do it... anyone know the thread pitch of the tre's for this set up? 11/16?

Back