• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

We are going to be making quite a few more things for the XJ!

:twak: And I thought I already had no money!! haha. Excited to see what ya have coming!! Are you able to give any hints of what's in the making????

Thanks for being so supportive of the XJ world :cheers:

Wow I will be the first to post up pictures on these. I'll give you the good and the bad. I hope that with some encouragement they can be tweaked a little bit and make even a better product.

jeep128.jpg

jeep129.jpg

jeep131.jpg

jeep134.jpg

jeep137.jpg

This is were I think they need to be wider. They need to go all the way to the edge. We made a piece and welded it in.

I might add too that I am not a highly experienced welder but I dont think they're coming off.

jeep135.jpg

jeep136.jpg

Another thing was I had to cut out a notch so that I could use the original bolt holes for the skid plate. I later found out on their website that you are suposed to receive some weld in nuts but I didn't get any.

jeep137.jpg

I think they should be a bit wider here also so that you are able to use the stock holes with out cutting on the stiffeners.

I am not finnished welding them in yet. I still have a bit to go. I also welded on some front frame plates when I did these. I like them and I am very happy with them. I had the TnT ones on the jeep that I rolled and These are better than thoes. They were a little tricky to setup when you don't have a front axle in but other than that they went in smooth and bent up perfectly. A floor jack, wood block, a few C clamps and a welder is all it takes.

Looks good!! Thanks for posting the pictures, and I'm sure the feedback will be appreciated/acted upon. :thumbup:

X2 on the bottom being wider,, they should go all the way to the edge and maybe even a slight bend 1" up the other side. Just my .02

If u guys did that then id order a set. Remember tho there is another vendor on here selling stiffeners too. The better design, better fitting stiffeners are the ones i will buy.

We are really interested in these....

Have any of the suggested Modifications been made to them?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back