• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon T-case ?????

Fred said:
I've had one installed on my 90 for over a year. I do like the 4-1 4lo. It wasn't exactly plug and play on my 90. I had it installed with a 98 AX-15 which matches up to the transfercase. I also had a custom armored crossmember built for the install. For my 90, I had to install an electronic speedometer in the dash along with wiring it. Buying the connector to hook to the speed sensor on the transfercase was a pain. Mopar only wants to sell harnesses. When I bought it from JB conversions they weren't being so accomodating on the yokes on the t-case. It has a 1330 front output, and required a shorter front driveshaft. Mine has the balancer yoke, so I had to buy an adapter, along with two Tom Woods driveshafts. Along with the Hurst quick shifter, we are talking some real money. As an aside, I had to have the rear driveshaft rebalanced. The factory tranny mount had to be modified, and the linkage had to be shortened.

I got some of the driving driveline vibes worked out, but I still have vibes from start up in neutral. The transfercase also won't shift into 4wd while I'm moving. I don't know what the problem is there.

If I did it again, I'd just get an Atlas.

Fred

I would have to agree with Fred here. If you have to spend money on new driveshafts, front and rear, and have to put money into a CV adapter for the rear as well, you might as well get an AtlasII. You can then have the option of adding twin sticks and other cool stuff like a 32 spline front output. I have seen the 3.8 case, the one I would get, for about $1900 at the offroadtoystore and you may find it cheaper, I don't know. The only other thing you have to get is an adapter for the tranny to the t-case which I think are usually $200-$300. It probably end up costing a little more but it is the best t-case money can buy in IMHO.

Back