• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 3.5" leafs

Dont forget to check your u-bolts after a few runs, i noticed that i had to re-tighten them again due to ubolts stretching a bit. Only had to re-tighten them once, but i have checked a couple times since and they are good now.

When I first installed mine I was right around 5.25" and they were used when I bought them. 2 years later with bumpers, armor, racks, etc. I sit at about 4.25". Works for me. I just had to throw a spacer on the coils up front to level it up.

I usually pack up the rear with 300-400 lbs for a week or two after a new spring install. They always net more than advertised and the load helps them settle a little. They are not gonna settle quickly just by driving them on the street with empty cargo bay.

I also got 5" out of the rears and 4.5" from fronts and used a 3/4" spacer to level things out. That was 2 years ago. So far, the ride has improved, but even with adding 2-300 pounds of weight to the rear for several months, no sag. Still at origional height. Running 31" tires, looks good. I always wonder about 33's.......... Hmmmm

OK how can I measure to know what height my lift sits? I too have the 3.5" RE Super-ride kit and it definitely seems to be taller than advertised...

OK how can I measure to know what height my lift sits? I too have the 3.5" RE Super-ride kit and it definitely seems to be taller than advertised...

Measure from center of hub to bottom of flare. 17.5" is stock front height and 17" is stock rear height. Do the math and you'll have your answer. :)

threads like this piss me off, my RE springs saged like a mofo, and i dont have any heavy bumpers or anything either

RE also doesnt reply to emails from dis-satisfied customers screw em

I wonder how many people take in to consideration how much sag their stock springs had before claiming they got 5" of lift out of their new ones, If you old springs are saging about 2" and you put new 3" ones in then you claim you have 5" of lift, you really only have 3" gain over stock height

I'm really glad I stumbled across this. What do their 2.5" leaf springs yield? Something closer to the league of a real-world 3.5"? I was eying RE 3.5" springs for my XJ, but I'm a little concerned if it's going to sit that high.

I wonder how many people take in to consideration how much sag their stock springs had before claiming they got 5" of lift out of their new ones, If you old springs are saging about 2" and you put new 3" ones in then you claim you have 5" of lift, you really only have 3" gain over stock height

I figured mine that way, measured before lifting and was sagged 2" below stock in the rear, then after lifting I was 4-5" above stock

Which is why I said:

Don't forget, too, that some peoples' orginal suspensions may be sagged more than others, which will simulate more lift.

I'm really glad I stumbled across this. What do their 2.5" leaf springs yield? Something closer to the league of a real-world 3.5"? I was eying RE 3.5" springs for my XJ, but I'm a little concerned if it's going to sit that high.

RE does not have a 2.5 leaf pack for the XJ, they do have an add a leaf in 2.5 though

Back