• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rotrex Supercharger?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone considered using a Rotrex unit in a blower buildup?

It's nice and compact; in some car circles it's well regarded for it's efficiency and performance compared to a turbo setup when the car is used for track days. Less likely to heat soak the engine bay compared to a turbo setup.

I was eyeing the Banks turbo kit for the Wrangler and thinking that a Rotrex located in the same place could make for a very clean, simple installation.

Per usual I guess the only real "exotic" part is dealing with the piggy back ECU for aux fuelling.

Thoughts?

I've always thought that would be the way to go. I even priced out compressors, but they were all pretty pricey. In to see if anyone has done it

Yeah, looks like $2k buy in but I don't know if that is just MSRP vs real retail.

Interesting technology. Belt driven though - no matter how compact, where would you put it? They specify in their technical documentation that the drive offset can't be any bigger than 23mm from the compressor body.

I wouldn't consider a piggyback computer exotic. :)

I was thinking it might be possible to put it on the cold side of the engine... re-jig the alternator location up under the AC compressor and stick the Rotrex below it... or vice-versa.

Dunno, would need to actually go out and loo in the engine bay. I broke the cable for the hood release this afternoon so that's not going to happen tonight. lol

Back