• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roll over red-line(s).

I get the impression that no more than 30 degrees 'list' is about safe for us DD 2"ers wrestling around in hilly trails, and creek crossings, etc. Youse guys with the big wheels/wide axles look like you approach 45 degrees with fanfare.

I have several 'bubble' level tubes scavanged from several broken/bent carpenter levels, and intend to fashion a base/holder for them set at 30 deg., maybe 35 deg. port, and starboard, and one in the middle for actual level-level, (all in all, sort of a triangular shape). Great home made tool for me to have in my XJ during the long cold dis-orientated nights in Alaska--out on some really bad hilly trails I must sometimes deal with. Gave away my official Rugged Ridge chi-com incline-o-meter/compass, as it was too affected by all the metal in the XJ, and could not be located well enough to use the degree feature. Young squirt down the road put it on his atv, and can at least 'mo-'betta find his way home.

"Ya all have some really interesting feedback thus far. Thanks!

why not just steal the gages from a toyota or something?

and you flopped yours in some snow, big whoop. (which is stupid to do intentionally from an enviromental hazard standpoint anyways).
explain? i lost zero fluids, nothing broke off

unless it was drained, i find it hard to believe it lost zero fluids. and i find it hard to believe it didnt send tons of blue smoke into the atmosphere when you started it again.

I would think the smaller the lift, the greater lean you could get away with
agreed. i just think maybe the guys with the more built rigs have a better idea what they can get away with, where the stocker weekend warriors freak out a bit sooner. i know i did when i started.

unless it was drained, i find it hard to believe it lost zero fluids. and i find it hard to believe it didnt send tons of blue smoke into the atmosphere when you started it again.
no smoke and it had fluids, drove it a hout home that night without issue(well cept for being pulled over for a lisence plate light being out)

can someone that is totally bad ass post pics or vid of a "real" flop then, the "staged" flop and "not good enough" flop need to be 1 up'd!

right front tire is in a hole while the left front is high up on the shotcrete, there used to be video of it, but the dude who hosted it took it down for whatever reason.

there was a 6.5" lifted xj on 35's roll before they got nearly as far as me on this line.

towards the end of the video 5:35

ahh the good ole days of UROC, ARCA i miss them, so many in that video that are good friends of mine that competition weekends were something we would never miss. it was too much fun. now only 2 out of the group still have rigs let alone compete.

ok sorry for the hijack i have nothing to add since vanimal's big wheel stand is considered a flop that means that this is one too, after all the entire drivers side body was sliding down the rock :D

down.jpg

BTW i don't consider that anything close to a flop ;)

Steal gauges? LOL! Since our dear leader had folks scrap their vehicles for that 'cash for clunkers'.., pick'ins are thin. FYI: Alaska is one fifth the size of the entire lower 48 States. The population of Alaska is the same as the entire population layout of Fresno, California! Hence, obtaining parts is like muy difficil. Most dead vehicles up here are crushed for the exchange of a couple hundred bucks.

Since I am on dial-up, (lol, yeah we have higher technologies but I live in a near complete dead zone limited to a wire), I cannot watch motion pictures of the trippy looking mod-rides. I wonder.., are there any screaming in the audios?

ahh the good ole days of UROC, ARCA i miss them, so many in that video that are good friends of mine that competition weekends were something we would never miss. it was too much fun. now only 2 out of the group still have rigs let alone compete.

ok sorry for the hijack i have nothing to add since vanimal's big wheel stand is considered a flop that means that this is one too, after all the entire drivers side body was sliding down the rock :D

down.jpg

BTW i don't consider that anything close to a flop ;)
if two wheels on one side of the vehicle are off the ground and the vehicle is being supported by the passenger door, what do you call it? i know it was a pretty poor excuse for a flop but i just figured that technically fits in the description.

if two wheels on one side of the vehicle are off the ground and the vehicle is being supported by the passenger door, what do you call it? i know it was a pretty poor excuse for a flop but i just figured that technically fits in the description.
i only saw one leave the ground, you simply just leaned into a rock

i only saw one leave the ground, you simply just leaned into a rock
the back one is off the ground too, by an inch or so. I was there ;)
the bottom rear tire is flat against the ground, keeping the axle somewhat straight.

Wow. This has to be the gayest interweb fight ever.

I flopped my jeep....
No you didn't....
Yes I did....

Just freakin wheel.

Back