• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rocky road outfitters

Ya know...we have all had problems with different shops and vendors at different periods of time but this constant bitching about every little thing that happens to all of you is really getting old.

Throwing a post up like this with no back up evidence...no link no proof is just stupid and it needs to stop!

got facts?
or do ya just want us to get you a new binky?

ma.gif

I orded my BPE from them, came in good time.. wasnt too expensive... are BEEFY as hell. Im pretty happy. Sometimes... chit happens though. Just a fact of life. I give them a 4 out of 5 stars.

I run their adjustable trackbar...

I run through the TRE at a rate of 1 TRE for 3 months...

Im un-satisfied with that...

I also run their coil spacers - no issues...

shipping wasnt too bad after I called and asked them to get it out to me...
probably 3 weeks after online order?

i've had good experience with them through multiple orders. Once something was running a bit late, i called them and they were very helpful.

to sum it up, STIFLE

jonboy said:
got facts?
or do ya just want us to get you a new binky?

ma.gif
Ordered an adj. trackbar on ebay. They took payment. 4 days go by, no confirmation on shipping. I call them & they say it should be there by Wed.(8 days after I payed for it) but definetly by Fri.(10 days after I payed for it). I say that's fine because I'm not leaving town 'till Fri. night to go on a wheelin' trip. I call Fri. 'cause I hadn't recieved email confirmation that it was shipped. They say it was just sent to get powdercoated. I tell them they shouldn't sell stuff htat doesn't exist yet. They say they will refund funds. I said o.k. THEN, I get an email from PP & ebay that says I am delinquent on payment 'cause they say they didn't recieve it even thuogh I have an email from PP stating it was paid 12 days earlier. Then they lie & say I couldn't wait 3 days. After 10 days was when it was sent to powdercoating company. They are full of shit & if I come across a company that deals this way, I will let others know. Guess where you can put that binky? :)

ive had some good luck with them too, but then bad luck, which will cause me to never order from them again,

they have a very bad habit of selling parts that either they havent built yet, or havent even ordered yet, and wont tell you this until after you order, this can be seen by looking at their negative feedback on ebay, which i didnt do until after i ordered from them, i wish i had first, and i never would have

awspence said:
ive had some good luck with them too, but then bad luck, which will cause me to never order from them again,

they have a very bad habit of selling parts that either they havent built yet, or havent even ordered yet, and wont tell you this until after you order, this can be seen by looking at their negative feedback on ebay, which i didnt do until after i ordered from them, i wish i had first, and i never would have
You guys need to get a clue. In case you haven't figured it out yet.

THAT IS THE WAY IT WORKS IN THIS BUSINESS!!!!! Not too many manufacturers of specialty parts keep a ton of bumpers or tire carriers or rock rails or any other semi-custom made part in stock. Most are made to order.

If you can't handle it....Get out of the jeeping hobby and buy a Civic!!!!!

DrMoab said:
You guys need to get a clue. In case you haven't figured it out yet.

THAT IS THE WAY IT WORKS IN THIS BUSINESS!!!!! Not too many manufacturers of specialty parts keep a ton of bumpers or tire carriers or rock rails or any other semi-custom made part in stock. Most are made to order.

If you can't handle it....Get out of the jeeping hobby and buy a Civic!!!!!

X2 Ordering something you desperately need and then getting mad when it doesn't come within two weeks is foolish. Did you pay to get it shipped overnight? Did you call their number and ask them about availability first, or what to expect?

Its an old adage, but stands true:

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part".

Understand that that's the way it works in most businesses. If you are lucky, you might find a distributor who has parts in stock, but if you are ordering direct from the manufacturer, you can bloody well expect them to build it after the order is put in. How do you think the auto industry works? If you order a new car with all your options and choices right from the dealer, chances are the car is built for you, AFTER you order.

Slagging a business online after you have made mistakes in the process yourself just makes you look like an ass and won't change peoples' perceptions of the business...

in my case, the only time i had a problem with them was over a locker, all they had to say was, this is on backorder, we wont have it for 3-4 weeks, and i would ahve ordered elsewhere, the whole reason i ordered it was because it was on eBay and it said in bold print 92 Available

if this was a custom part, that they fabbed themselves, i could completely understand, but there is absolutely no good reason to use the word available when they are backordered, you either have them or you dont

this is why i have a problem with them, it wouldnt have been hard for them to email me the next day and tell me this, but instead i waited, and waited and waited, only to cancel my order after 3 weeks, then order from another vendor and have it on my doorsteep in 3 days

I've never actualy ordered anything from them. Early on they got a reputation for having questionable service..not shipping or not haivng in stock or taking forever to make, ect.

Dr. Moab,
I understand that's how it works BUT NOT WHEN YOU SELL ON EBAY. That is my point. You don't AUCTION shit you don't own. It is the same as writing checks your ass can't cash. How do you not see that?

They are auctioning a trackbar they don't even have. POOR SERVICE. Got my $ back
Apr-06-06 11:41 8048687166
Reply by rockyroadoutfitters: We're the manufacturer. We make track bars weekly. He couldn't wait 3 days.

This is a copy & paste of it. It was not 3 days as stated earlier, it had got to 10 days & after 10 days it had just been sent to the powdercoater. It did also say that they recommend not doing business w/ me but that is gone somehow.

I havent ordered from Glenn since 99, took 2+ months to receive rock rails they stated were in stock at the time of my order. Had to threaten him to get them in time for a trip out to Colorado.

I'll never do business with him again.

Back