• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Mountain Chapter: Colorado

NAXJA: Rocky Mountain Chapter

• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • There is already a chapter that covers that

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
How about a Colorado Get together

I'm willing to hold an informal get together at my place to discuss setting up a chapter. I'll furnish my award winning BBQ. I won first place in the Oklahoma State Fair for my BBQ sauce. You will have to bring your own beer (as long as you behave yourselves). If you want you can park on my neighbor's lawn (see previous post).

I've got my own server and a bunch of IP addresses. I could put up a web page with space for everyone to do a bio and pictures so we could get to know each other. I have a hard time matching faces to rigs to sig names. Its interesting to go on a trail ride and start talking to someone and then find out that you have been conversing on the web for a couple of years.

The only hassle is that I live in Loveland, less an hour north of Denver. And to you guys in Denver, yes....that is north of 120th. The road doesn't stop there.

Tom Houston (aka old_man) (aka thhjr)
Loveland, Colorado

I just sent a PM to Woody to ask him what the next step is. I have compiled a small list of those on the CO-XJ list that would like to join the new chapter and those that would like to join NAXJA if this Chapter happens. I will be sure to post here what Woody has to say.

That's a mighty generous offer for a cantankerous old man. :) The only jeep I have that will make it that far right now is the wife's WJ.
I think we have to get provisional approval of the BOD before we do anything else. I see nothing in the bylaws about how to go about doing that.

Fred

colorado chapter

JohnJohn said:
I just sent a PM to Woody to ask him what the next step is. I have compiled a small list of those on the CO-XJ list that would like to join the new chapter and those that would like to join NAXJA if this Chapter happens. I will be sure to post here what Woody has to say.

Count me in.
Jeff

Cantankerous????? Haven't heard that word in a while. Hard headed, maybe, but thats from my wife, so it doesn't count, cause we've only been married 29 years and she barely knows me.

Potential Chapter Member list

I got Woody's email back, he is going to rtry to get us a temp chapter in the Forum Chapter section, but that may take a while. Unitl then he said it might be a good idea to compile a list of those NAXJA members that want to join the new Colorado Chapter.

So please forward the following information in an email to [email protected]. In the subject line please put NAXJA-Colorado. If you post here your information will have to be gathered manually and that may not happen. :D

1) full name
2) forum user name
3) location
4) wife's dress size...just kidding

Thanks,

If there was a local chapter I would join.

Judging from the location of this thread, it looks like it's up to us to get going on the chapter.
Anyone know the next step?

Fred

I would say we have a get together and see who is interested. I have offered to host a BBQ at my place in Loveland, but the guys from the Springs have a distance to drive. I can set up something in the Denver area, but with no BBQ. I was thinking in a week or 10 days. What evening of the week is best for everybody.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

Jeez,
I really need to visit more often. I am totally in for a Colorado Chapter. With my ongoing job search among other things, I haven't had much time to spend on my XJs. This might just be what the doctor ordered.
I also like the idea of a meet and greet.
Count me in,
Crunch

Come on, Meet-N-Wheel...

Grant said:
This subject has come up a couple times previously. I am keen to see a chapter be formed. Colorado Chapter is fine with me, but what about the WY boys? Cheyenne is a lot closer to Denver than to SLC. QUOTE]

I know it's a little overdone, but how about the Mile-High Chapter :worship: ?
That would identify us as Colorado based, but would not exclude XJers from Wyoming and New Mexico.
Also, a sponsored meeting place would be great, if it can happen, but an empty field would work too. Or even a close-by 'wheeling spot (Hayman Fire Area, Pikes Peak, Kingston Peak, etc.) and plan it for a weekend so we can "meet 'n' wheel"....whaddaya think?

RJ
'93- 3" lift- 32" tires
Englewood CO

Hey John- :confused: I really wanna know what you think about a 'meet-n-wheel' gathering?

Mile High chapter sounds cool!! I think this first meeting should be centered on getting eveything in motion not wheelin just my 2 cents
Led

Led said:
Mile High chapter sounds cool!! I think this first meeting should be centered on getting eveything in motion not wheelin just my 2 cents
Led

With a name like that good luck attracting female members
ha.gif

rj454 said:
Hey John- :confused: I really wanna know what you think about a 'meet-n-wheel' gathering?

<CAUTION OPINIONS BELOW, PROCEED WITH CAUTION>
I think as a group we need to have some sit down discuss about what we want to do, accomplish, and what goals each of us have. I don't want anyone to feel rushed and us miss some good input because some are trying to get out to the trail. I think this can happen sometimes when we meet at a trail head.

We all have wheeling buddies we go with, but forming a NAXAJ Chapter is MUCH more than that. There are really some "paperwork/sit down discuss" things that have to be covered before NAXJA will approve us a Chapter. These things are not going to take all day, and probably at the most 30-45 minutes. However some items may need to be covered before we hit the trail. (For example. Should all Chapter trail runs accommodate all rigs from stock to lock?) I think things like this need to be discussed before we all meet at a trailhead.

With that said, if you want to put together a trail run after the Meet and Greet, have at it. I personally think the first meeting should be more of a "poser/pavement" meeting, meet and greet. If the 6th looks like the go date, I will make sure that we have an agenda and a time line for the meeting itself. This should leave plenty of time for a Non-NAXJA Chapter ;) trail run. After all we have to be a Chapter before we can have Chapter runs. :)

JohnJohn said:
Boy I sure do like the sound of that. Mile High Chapter. I'm sure some UT dudes will gripe. I can hear the Intermountain Chapter already..."We're at 6,000 ft...heck with you 5,280ft'ers."
I don't think anyone from Intermountain Chapter will gripe. :rattle: Besides, most of us here in Yewtah are below 5280' anyway. :)

rj454 said:
Careful, he might mistake this for a group appetizer sampler! :lickout: :roflmao:

JohnJohn,

I totally agree with you. Let's keep the first meeting off the trail so that we can all concentrate on the important points. There will be plenty of time to meet-n-wheel after the Chapter gets off the ground.

Back