• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler 3 link mount pics

Gotcha, my mistake... I guess mom's saying was right about ASSuming :doh: Does he not want to ever change his trans mount?
Back on topic though, I also have the Ruffstuff stiffeners and I was thinking for when I mount mine, rather than modify the RK brackets I would trim the stiffener down on the inside frame rail edge where it doesnt wrap up. Then weld the brackets on, if that makes sense.

it was the end of a long build up, some 2-2.5 years ago, we just wanted it up there! we had a bolt that wouldnt hold. it's sinse been cleaned up. =)
what a noob i was beck then.

How does the frame end upper joint flex up and down if its vertical like that?

theres 34 degrees of misalignment, on an average 7/8ths heim, that angle, spread over a 2 1/2 foot long arm, thats PLENTY.

on a 3 link, there is a side to side load on the upper joint heims, from the axle wanting to move side to side. if your upper bolt is horizontal, it will try to pull the ball out. put the bolt vertically, and that ball physically cant go nowhere, without displacing the body of the heim joint. much stronger =)

i don't think there is any side loading on the RK upper link... it's technically not a true 3-link as it still utilizes the track bar, so that takes care of horizontal loading. wouldn't the upper link be in compression or tension only in this case? also, i have a feeling the upper bolt is vertical purely due to fitment issues. just my 2 cents...

theres 34 degrees of misalignment, on an average 7/8ths heim, that angle, spread over a 2 1/2 foot long arm, thats PLENTY.

on a 3 link, there is a side to side load on the upper joint heims, from the axle wanting to move side to side. if your upper bolt is horizontal, it will try to pull the ball out. put the bolt vertically, and that ball physically cant go nowhere, without displacing the body of the heim joint. much stronger =)

Side load? 3 links have no side load on any control arms. Thats what a trackbar is for.

yeah, i was definately thinking triag 4 links, the trackbar does handle the side loads in a 3 link.

if i was rk, i'd design their upper mount the exact same way, it's still stronger for the reasons i listed. even if their strength doesnt come into play in its current setup.

Back