• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, Johnson Valley Nov 19-20

BrettM said:
that better have been a fluke, an 8 hour drive home with no doors and full of snow would not be pleasant.

An 8 hour drive home with no doors already sounds not pleasant.........without snow.

:)

Goatman said:
You guys that are coming from the south, it's 50 plus miles from I 15 and Bear Valley Rd.....

The last thing you want to do is take Bear Valley road off of the 15. Continue N. to Victorville and exit at "D" street and head E through Apple Valley. If you cross the Mohave river you have just missed your exit. "D" turns into Hwy 18 just before crossing the river. You can take 18 clear into Lucerne as it runs back into Bear Valley rd at Deadmans point. It's a couple of extra miles if your are coming from the south but it is a much faster route.

BrettM said:
I'll have canvas half doors.... and a good heater.... and lots of layers and snowboard clothes....

oh yeah, and the most important factor; YOUTH :D

That still dont mean we going to freeze out ASSES off!!!!!!

You got a CD player at least?

if i am comming from torrance what highways should i expect to be taking i just want to know even tho i am gonna caravan with johnny and robert so far

i dont think you left a card on my xj mine is white with yakima rack......
i live up the street from best buy in the walteria area

kev0 said:
i dont think you left a card on my xj mine is white with yakima rack......
i live up the street from best buy in the walteria area

small world..... my in-laws live in that area, off of Winlock.

its a small world i guess you can say....... am i gonna be the youngest person out there with my own jeep i am gonna be 19

kev0 said:
its a small world i guess you can say....... am i gonna be the youngest person out there with my own jeep i am gonna be 19

Maybe I will bring my 2 yr old and transfer the title to his name ... :pirate1:

Heck, I might even let him drive the Hammers.... NOT.

I have decided to come and play. I will be running the moderate trails sadly though. I will have my 7 year old son and 16 month old daughter with me. Momma can't make it due to work. It's cool though, the kids love it. Painfully, I can't stay the night to go Sunday with ya'll. I don't want the baby to catch a cold again. See ya'll soon.

Robert (Bo) Kennedy

I've been to JV twice now, is there a good close place to have breakfast Sunday AM close to the turnoff on the way out? I don't really remember.

I usually grill up eggs, pancakes, and bacon and stuff in the AM at camp, but since I'm going up Saturday morning, and leaving Sunday morning, and dinner is being made, I don't want to bring my grill just for breakfast. I could do a manifold breakfast burrito, but I don't trust that stuff with who knows what exhaust leaks I got.

Speaking of going up Saturday morning. Anyone want to caravan from San Diego? There is one guy we were talking about meeting at the Deer Springs exit off I-15. I'm in North County SD (Rancho Bernardo) Not sure what time. Heck, when are the runs leavin so I can figure that out?

:flipoff:

This is going to be a great event.

For those going up Sat. morning, there are a few us OC guys meeting at the Green River rd exit off of the 91 at 5:30 AM. I think we can meet the SD guys somewhere on the 15 North above the 91. I don't know the exits. We shoudl be getting on the 15 North at the 91 around 6:00 ish. I will ahve my CB on ch 4 and we can try to catch each other.

I am looking for inout ffom folks that can tell us a second place to meet along the 15. I was thinking somewhere around the 60 intersection so that if there are people from LA, they can meet to. The OC group should hit the 60/15 interchange around 6:15 - 6:20. Again, my CB will be on CH 4.

My cell number is 714-319-7135.

See everyone tomorrow.

OK, I have looked at maps, and I think it is best to meet at the Foothill Blvd exit at the 15. There is a strip mall to the right (East) as soon as you exit. We will be there at 6:00 AM. We will wait 10 min, then hit the road. I will be in my silver XJ.

Let me know who would like to meet there.

THanks,

Robert

Robert,

I will be leaving Upland around 5:30-5:45....but I will be driving a little slow with a trailer. You should probably pass me somewhere around cajon summit. I'll keep the cb on 4 if you need anything. See you there.

Wife's cell is 909-919-0513

Back