• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, Johnson Valley Nov 18-19

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's time I start getting the word out about this run this year. I've been putting in so much time trying to make sure the new rig is ready for this run.........

So, if you like to run in Johnson Valley, or if you've never been there and have been waiting for a chance, this is it. We're going to have a JV run on the weekend of Nov 18-19. There are trails for everyone, from mild to wild, and the desert scenery there is truely unique. We will have a moderately easy scenic run on Sat, plus moderate, hard, and really hard. It's even plenty of fun just to watch the big dogs run the hard trails if you've never done it before. There will be a dinner and probably a raffle on Saturday night, as well as trails to run both Sat and Sun. Oh, and the camping is free!

So, mark it on your calendar, and watch for more details. We had a great time last year, and had 46 rigs for the weekend. Post up if you're interested in coming, so we can get an idea of what to plan for. If I'm going to do T-shirt's this year I need to get an idea of who's interested. Also, if you can help out with putting on a good raffle, let me know what you can do.

I'm in!!

No Mexico cruise for me this year.

I may be good for a raffle prize.

GSequoia said:
I'm in plus two others (my dad and a buddy of his).

I beg to differ...

I guess that didn't come out the way I meant it, now that I read it again...

I'm in for Friday and Sat.
Will be leaving sat. for a long dune trip....now I don't have the
greatest record for getting home 'on time' from these trips, so
maybe I'll be there on sunday tooo! ;)
Rick R:roll:

I will be there...

Hey Goatman, I sent you a PM with an idea...

Thanks for arranging this again!

Captain Ron said:
If it's changing the name to WinterFest, it probably won't fly. :D

--ron

LOL.. I love the name. Just a idea regarding a run...

Not posting it here, don't want to cause any issues.

Go ahead and put me in! I'd like to try the moderate trails, but definitely want to see the big shots take on the really hard stuff.

Thanks!
Chris

I'm in! May not stay both days but I will be there Saturday.

I am not bringing the trailer. The XJ needs a brake controler and a wiring harness before I can pull the trailer. I may need to have the rearend rebuilt as well. Cash is a bit tight right now. 4 registrations due at the same time! The MJ is more than the other 2 Jeeps put together.

I will be there again. Last year was my first official Naxja event and I had a blast. Hopefully this year Mr. Fan won't meet Mr. Radiator and I can make it through Clawhammer.

Just in case, I am bringing a spare rig:
deuce2.jpg

think it'll make it up Clawhammer?:spin1:

Back