• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock krawler long arm

Roads said:
Just read the entire thread. What a waste of preacious, non-refundable time. However, well said Scorpion, Matt wrote me a pm a while back ago after I posted a thread about the RE6130 kit. He was trying to sell me an RK kit.

Only because i could get you the rk kit which comes with long arms for the same price of that re kit. Which i think is a poorly designed kit, since i own that kit and since i switched over to rk. But to each there own, thats why its america we have our own deicisions right.

Robert, im working on your price, im waiting to hear back on a shipping qoute.

Matt

Let me add a little fuel to the fire. I have the RK kit. I have had since it was a Gen I. I upgraded to the Gen II for free for testing. I have one of the very first GEN II kits. If you look at the upper mount on the front axle that has 4 bolts instead of the 2 little ones. That is my doing. I worked long and hard with Jeremy at RK to get the kit to where it is now. It keeps improving too. I have ZERO complaints about my kit now. My Jeep is a DD. I drive it everwhere. Hell I drove it from Georgia to California towing a 2000# trailer. I personally do not think there is a better kit on the market for the price. I am a little bias though.

I think a lot of the fears from the GEN I kit still hamper RKs success. It will all change with time. They are a good company with great customer service. Buy or build what you like but, above all enjoy your rig and the country you wheel on.

Ok, alot of you people endorsing the kit must have some kind of tie to RK.

Ill have to do a full review and post the install on my site

Can I get some quotes for prices on the Xfactor 6.5? I know Ive seen someone selling it somewhere on here

i have the 8 inch clayton, i bought when they used the rk springs (i dont know if they still do this) but if your saying the solid stock isnt as strong, they have lifetime guarantee, if you bend or break, they replace. I will say, i dont think the rear springs are soft enough, but the front is super soft, and i can easily drop coils, which i dont consider that a great thing, but it will. I think both kits are nice, but i did a lot of searching on this forum and pirate, and i ended up buying the clayton, and i am happy with my choice.
me trying it out after install, not a lot of rock in wv but i will find some hopefully:
P1010255.jpg

creeperjeep said:
Ok, alot of you people endorsing the kit must have some kind of tie to RK.

Ill have to do a full review and post the install on my site

Can I get some quotes for prices on the Xfactor 6.5? I know Ive seen someone selling it somewhere on here

Yeah, I am part owner! I get my pockets padded by them every month for saying nice things about them over the internet, PM me for a price.

Okay, I have said in the past that I wasn't too thrilled with the RK kit, but after upgrading to their heavy duty joints (because the ones that came in their kit failed on me) and some suspension tuning which was needed (although I am not done) I can say that it is worth the money. I beat the crap out of the XJ last weekend at Callantee and drove it home.

Here's the RK on the XJ after the Full Width Swap

780113_35_full.jpg

No I don't have pic of the two side by side, but the ones that failed were similar to their krawler joints they have on the site, which is what I'm running now. The new ones have a thread in retainer, much beefier that the originals with the spring style retainer.

well I was a OG guinea pig for thier krap. I though was in a TJ and did thier full rear tri-link and had to swap out to my own fabed triag. 4 link after thier rear upper wish bone snapped, causing my CV to buckle and loosing my rear pinion, the CV shaft, and 2 bent shocks..

They were nice enough to replace the wish bone though. Now GIVEN THAT WAS BACK in dec 02. But during that time of thier first designed TJ kit, I went though close to 30 of thier "better then QA" heims. So when they came out with thier "krawler" joints they replaced my heims with those. Well about 2 wks after getting all the new joints the rear failed as I stated up there.

So when I redesigned my own rear setup I figured I would save money and reuse thier joints and put them in the upper locations and get some curries here locally for the lowers. Well here is what happened to the High end joints. Now I think thier new ends are much improved and as stupid as I am, I may be going with thier long arm and hope thier ends are as improved as they look...

Ok first.. Currie on the right RK on the left.

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

What the washer looked liek after about 450miles of road driving in a upper that was laid down and put Very little stress on the joint.

bend_washer_only2.jpg

bad_ends_sm_wtext.gif

And how I knew it was having issues.... This was after they sent me a "new designed hardened washer". After this I went all Currie's.... As you can see the washer blew out and the end fell in the center ball....

rkbad2.jPG

Back