• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Hard Cage

98XJROKS

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my Rock Hard Sport Cage is on its way....Any little known secrets with the install with this set up would be appreciated. I've heard they're a little testy to install.

I was looking at one of those also. Keep us posted on the install.

I'm wondering if anyone has some real world reviews of rolling their jeep with one of these...
the whole idea of it bolting it kinda scares me.
that and there is NO triangulation in that thing at all....

ive read up on them. 1000 for a bolt in. or 450-600 for a weld in. the rock hard is missin some triangulation. (word?) it would be a nice started cage if it was 500 cheaper. personally i'm an exo guy. but would also tie in a driver hoop on the inside

ive read up on them. 1000 for a bolt in. or 450-600 for a weld in. the rock hard is missin some triangulation. (word?) it would be a nice started cage if it was 500 cheaper. personally i'm an exo guy.

I've considered them all...$600 for weld in cage and I have to do all the work of gutting and welding and then painting it once its in. I view the (bolt in vs. weld in) kinda like (Auto vs. Manual). This way if I want, I can add to as I see fit and if the jeep ever goes bye bye I get the option of keeping the cage.

Since I can't find dom tubing in my area, I've decided to do both, an exo cage and an interior cages. With both cages I can use mild steel tubing on the exo and feel good about it. I'm not going all out on the exo though, just enough to protect the structure from getting all dicked up in case I flop it over.
I'll make sure the interior cage is tied into the uni nice and tight!

The reality is, if it goes over chances are it's going to be a flop anyway.

Last edited:
Well, I finally got around to installing this cage and thought I'd post up some thoughts.

Overall the cage fits like a glove and i'm pretty happy with it all and all. The only issue that I had with the initial install was how close do I place the front hoop to the windshield.
The instructions could be more specific, but were easy to read and understand.

The trick is; to understand that in order to get the proper overall fit everything relies on the front hoop placement....

Dislikes; The "H" hoop surrounding the windshield-driver compartement is too view restricting for me. It allows 12 3/4" of window and it's going to be hard to get used to.

Over all satisfaction is an 8 out of 10 for me

pics X3!!!:wierd:

X5 :dunno:

Sorry guys I haven't really taken any pics of the cage installed, however, it looks and fits just like the pictures provided in their website, no different other than some summit padding.

Back