• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip this week.... NC to Texas; sights?

I hear that Trawick Tx is nice this time of year, just a few miles south-east of Cushing..

Ya ought to stop in and say Howdy..:cheers:

i wish i could reccommend something but this place is pretty empty for the most part, save for one great guy:D

if gambling is your thing we've got plenty but that is about it. You should definetly make it to Baton Rouge, its a shame New Orleans isnt the same. You gonna be in the xj? Let me know if your gonna wheel barnwell and i'll try to make it out there.

Ramsey said:
i wish i could reccommend something but this place is pretty empty for the most part, save for one great guy:D

if gambling is your thing we've got plenty but that is about it. You should definetly make it to Baton Rouge, its a shame New Orleans isnt the same. You gonna be in the xj? Let me know if your gonna wheel barnwell and i'll try to make it out there.

Yeah, I wanna hit Baton Rouge... maybe NOLA. Last time I was there was October. Probably hit Biloxi, Waveland, Gulfport as well.

No, not in an XJ. In a Volvo S60 Turbo.

hell its got a turbo, just ramp it:D

Depending on how much time you have in Atlanta you should go to the new aquarium or catch a Braves game if they're at home. Atlanta now has the largest aquarium in the world. I hear it's really cool. I have yet to make it up there though. I hope to get up there soon.
As mentioned earlier, the north GA mountains are really nice also.

Natchez trace is a nice ride even though it's a federal hiway...

Glenn said:
Got a state and nearby city on those?

I am in to seeing whatever is interesting that is not too far out of the way. No butterfly farms, etc... mostly the "must see while in the area" type stuff.

Both are on the western edge of Mississippi. Vicksburg Military Park is in Vicksburg right off of 20.

http://www.nps.gov/vick/

Natchez is south of Vicksburg. It will require a little detour off of the Interstate but as RichP mentioned it is a nice drive.

Glen

RichP said:
If you're traveling solo I know some good cat houses :D :party:

Glenn said:
Nope, girfriend, our two Labs, and myself.
You have to pay extra for that.
Including the dogs could get real expensive.

woody said:
I spent my time there in a drunken blur, but they *might* have a cool museum... Not nearly as cool as the Patton Museum at Ft Knox KY (SE of Louisville)

It's actually one of the better infantry museums I've seen.

--ron

Hello from Alabama! We made it further than expected. NC to Alabama was only $40 on gas. Drive was smooth so far. :) Tomorrow Mississippi and LA. :)

Back