• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP Ray Bradbury.....

I know it was required reading material for some in school but I always liked Farenheit 451. I can't help but think about it as I watch our society "progress".

Mr Bradbury was an Author whose material I loved to read as a kid.

Don't forget "The Martian Chronicles", "Something Wicked this way Comes", "Dandelion Wine", and host of others that may or may not have made it to the TV screen way after the book was written. He also seemed to revel in short stories.

RIP

I know it was required reading material for some in school but I always liked Farenheit 451. I can't help but think about it as I watch our society "progress".

Fahrenheit 451 is probably more prophetic these days than Bradbury himself would have been willing to admit. And, it's not the only "classic Sci-Fi" story that is more prophecy than fantasy - I've listed a few.

I'm not sure the direction we're moving in can be considered "progress."

Fahrenheit 451 is probably more prophetic these days than Bradbury himself would have been willing to admit. And, it's not the only "classic Sci-Fi" story that is more prophecy than fantasy - I've listed a few.

I'm not sure the direction we're moving in can be considered "progress."

Yeah I agree. That's what I meant by "progress".

Back