• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigidco gear Finally here!!!!

90xj4x4 said:
I just ordered my Rigidco front winch bumper. Terry is definetly one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys I have ever dealt with. He is even drilling extra holes for my towbar for me as well.

A++++!!!

How long did he quote you until its ready? How much was shipping to your place? I have been thinking about buying one of these this year.

Yeah I decided to go TNT for my bumper since 4+ months won't work.

terry's front bumper is awesome, one of the strongest/best mounting i have seen anywhere, i love mine, i cant wait to get his rear bumper, i wish i had the money to get it now

I am hoping to get the XJ out of the shop on Monday. Then install everything next week. So far i have everything primed, painted and waiting. He is worth it if you can stand the wait. When I talked to him he is trying to get in a more assembly line mode. Some things you can get faster. I think he can do ROCK Rails faster.

onetallmj said:
How long did he quote you until its ready? How much was shipping to your place? I have been thinking about buying one of these this year.

He said end of July and the shipping was @$50. You shold definetly get one of his bumpers. I think that they are of the best quality out there. Even things like the washers he gives you for the mounting are top of the line.

My rear rigidco is being shipped right now, altogether it was $465 shipped ($65 shipping) raw. The wait was right at 4 months. I'll be placing my order for the front winch bumper so that I can save over the summer. Those rock rails are pretty damn sweet too.

Well I called about a front bumper.. He said he would send an email. Nothing yet. I guess I'll call him back. It's been over a week.

I waited about 6 weeks when I ordered my front bumper (but that was back in 2005). It looks amazing and the quality is great, but I wasn't too happy with the powdercoating. Everything is getting line-xed tomorrow.

I do not suggest powder coating on anything. I also, now, stay away from Spray on bedliner. i like paint. Easy to touch up. If rust gets under it just sand and paint. If you scratch or gouge it, just sand and paint.

Stouttrout said:
I do not suggest powder coating on anything. I also, now, stay away from Spray on bedliner. i like paint. Easy to touch up. If rust gets under it just sand and paint. If you scratch or gouge it, just sand and paint.

You're probably right. I haven't wheeled in months (did some damage during EJS 2005, bought a DD, graduated, just let it sit for a while) so I would say part of the bedliner is definitely the bling factor (it should look nice for a while and I hope it stands up) but also, I have an exocage, so the bedliner should hold up pretty well.

I'd heard good things about powdercoating, and it was a nice looking finish but was chipped and had surface rust by the time it got delivered.

Nice looking CJ, too!

jpfreak said:
I'd heard good things about powdercoating, and it was a nice looking finish but was chipped and had surface rust by the time it got delivered.

Nice looking CJ, too!

Yeah, I have used it on alot of stuff. Bike frames and show type stuff it works great and I prefer it. If it is in an area that it may get scratched I hate it. It will chip and will scratch. I had some ATV racks rhino lined. Two years later they look like crap. Same thing, scratched, the rust, then peeling. I am about to strip it all off and paint the racks.

Which CJ? The Green one?

674550_38_full.jpg

Or the "Granny get your Gun" one?

attachment.php

They both look great. I love that green one though!

I got line-x, which i guess is a "stronger" bedliner - that is - it doesn't dent/scratch as easily, but we'll see.

Whoops! looks like I hijacked my own thread. The top one is my Daily driver. It shares that distinction with the XJ which is the true DD and racks many more miles. It has a Chevy 350 and D44's front and rear. I took it apart, galvanized the frame and built it back up. The other has a good start with a mandrel bent AFW frame, Mopar fuel Injection and an NV4500.

I think LineX is stronger. I used it on the inside of the Green CJ8 and I used it on the Underside as an undercoating. Can you tell I HATE rust? It has held up pretty good.

Terry has some of the best prices. I can't speak to the rear and tire carrier, but my front cost me around $380. Look in to some of the other front bumpers offered and compare!

I worked on the bumper some today. Here's a few pics:

Here are how the Bolts come, all packaged and labled nicely
2333861_15_full.jpg

Stripped and waiting for new bumper
2333861_16_full.jpg

2333861_17_full.jpg

2333861_18_full.jpg

It is an FbW2K with a BG12. The K Version of the FbW2 is a little wider on the sides. If you notice in the pic it extends out about 1.5"- 2". I plan to do and Exo and tie into it......Someday.

One heck of bumper though. I am glad I waited. It was worth it. I am going to work on the Rock Rails today.

Back