• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rhino lining interior

woody431 said:
So if I were to rhino my interior..i'd take out everything, carpet, etc, sand, scrub, scratch up the floor to allow it to stick, get sound dampening paint(??), but NO dynamat? What would you recommend for a heat shield? I have no cat, so just one between the muffler and behind the headpipe? I want this thing to be quiet on the inside, but get rid of my carpet..I know it might be a tossup , but is this the way to do it?

EDIT: Which grade of silent running is best to use?

The Rhino will deading the sound better than any paint. For a heat shield use a stock on off a latter model as suggested above or use any number of other ideas, cookie sheets, sheet metal, etc.

Rev

Alright, awesome thanks. So I should just get the floor ready and put the rhino on with no sound deading stuff? Will it help with vibrations caused from like a stereo?

woody431 said:
Alright, awesome thanks. So I should just get the floor ready and put the rhino on with no sound deading stuff? Will it help with vibrations caused from like a stereo?

Rhino is done by a shop, it is not a DIY. When I had mine done, I pulled everything out that touched the floor, re-installed the drivers seat and took it in. They do the floor prep and spray it in.

Rev

Yeah I knew that you had to take it somewhere, i dont know why i worded it like that? hum..anyway, they'll do all the prepwork...how much does this cost?

i just herculined mine this past week. took everything out, all carpet, center console, seats. cleaned, sanded, cleaned, herc'd. i did 2 coats and it seems thick enough, i dont really plan on abusing my floor like i would a truck bed. let it dry to touch and put everything back in. i drove around for about a week with no carpet in and it was a little loud, but it really helped once i got the herculiner in there. hope that helps.

Mark

Is there anything to coat the underbody as well? Could you herucline it? I've seen a thread on here where a guy made some type of rotisary, and looked like it's be easy to coat. Of course you have to take everything apart and put back together, but this would be an excuse for more new parts, since putting old parts back on sucks.

http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html

Try these guys its like Dyna-mat .... but marine grade and FAA approved, highquality and functions as a sounder deadener and flooring. You can get it in different thickness'. And its cheap as hell compared to dynamat, phat mat etc. In one of my work vans i am going to pull up the vynal/rubber mat, and use one of the hardnose por15 paints and paint the INTERIOR floor ..... after i treat some minor rust spots. Then apply this mat over the por15 hardnose paint. I should have a durable paint, a non maring floor that quiets my loud panel van (no thermal insulation or sound insulation/deadener rear of the front seats). How big is your muffler ? Get one of the adjustable flowmaster heat shield, it is adjustable in thickness and clamps on with a hose clamp like fastener. You could trim it lengthwise to make it fit nice. Check jegs or summit they both sell them.

I took my carpet out a month ago and haven't done anything else yet. Its not that loud and it doesn't get too hot. I have rubber floor mats and they do get hot, but if it were extremely hot they would melt and that hasn't happened. I do plan on coating the floor myself eventually but I'm not too worried about it at the moment.

Back