• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolver Shackles???

Goatman said:
First off, flex is overrated.

And they are not WCGIC approved. :)
I think that too much droop is not entirely a good thing either. When the suspension is fully drooped out, there is not enough sprung weight on that tire for traction, only the weight of the tire itself.
Another thought that adds to my theory about this:
I think that all the newer, taller tires like the ones used in rock crawling comps are tall and skinny compared to the dedicated mud bog tires. It's all about PSI on the contact patch rather than floatation. So I think you need some external force pushing down on the tires for better traction, like the weight of the rig that sits on top of them.

Dan

I ran Revolvers for years and liked the extra flex. The DO unload during ACCELLERATION, I never had them lift while braking. The DO unload during climbs (high torque) and can bounce a little if your tires are slipping. They DO NOT help with spring wrap and may infact contribute to it.

I setup my rear with ORGS 11 leaf Nationals and Revolvers, had hellaflex. I would actually get surprised when I'd lift a rear tire cause I almost never did. You have to perhaps shorten your rear driveshaft to allow for enough compression when the shackle rotates forward at full droop.

I got rid of them when I rebuilt with the rear 14B cause I figured it was just too damn heavy & I like the feel much better now without them on ledge climbs.

-jb

Back