• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rev, Les, John, anyone? NW Indiana wrenchfest part deux

Final count;
Who's in?
Who can stay afterwards to imbibe?

IN for wenching and imbibing. Sorry, but no homebrew this time. Three kegs in the fridge with about a gallon between them, and the latest batch of Scott-free Ale will not be carbonated yet.

Looks like I'm in, possibly another chapter member as well. Unsure about imbibing afterwards as of yet.

We are in. Would you like us to bring something for the imbibing later? No pie though, had enough of that over the holidays.

I'll be there ... will stay a while afterwards but probably pass on imbibing. Kind of a long haul home ...

Les

Dunno...Considering bringing my collection of leaf packs and trying to assemble 1 pair from all of them...
Watcha guys think? Enough time and tools to do it in a few hours?

Gil BullyKatz said:
Dunno...Considering bringing my collection of leaf packs and trying to assemble 1 pair from all of them...
Watcha guys think? Enough time and tools to do it in a few hours?

From the count there should be a lot of tools there...with Brad as the leader! :laugh3:

I dunno...
Should I buy a kevlar vest...?
I read somewhere that NW Indiana isn't known for a low crime rate...
That Kid dude is kinda scary and all...
I might be a tad too conservative for y'all...

Leaf packs should go pretty quick Gil if you're not replacing the main leaf. I'll bring a couple extra center bolts (3/8" dia) and sanding disc. Just need a torque wrench, couple c-clamps, angle grinder, some (quick dry) enamel spray paint (pink prefered), and one kevlar vest.

I'll also throw in some used shackle bolts I have laying around (for Gus) ... just in case.

Les

I may or may not be there. If I do, I'll have the little dude so not much wrenching, but he'll get a kick out of all the Jeeps. Have to be home by around 5 p.m., though.

Maybe we can make a sweet stinger for the Grand Caravan...

lbexj said:
Leaf packs should go pretty quick Gil if you're not replacing the main leaf. I'll bring a couple extra center bolts (3/8" dia) and sanding disc. Just need a torque wrench, couple c-clamps, angle grinder, some (quick dry) enamel spray paint (pink prefered), and one kevlar vest.

I'll also throw in some used shackle bolts I have laying around (for Gus) ... just in case.

Les

Wouldn't ya know I need to replace my main leafs...
The eye broke on driver side and they're both cracked all the way through. I gotta get it done by TFT... The rear bolts shouldn't be too bad ( I slapped on ORGS shackles about 2 years ago) now the fronts on the other hand....who knows
Also having BIG trouble finding stock rubber bushings... went to Lynch Jeep and Fields Jeep and autozone and Murray's and no one has the oem bushings in stock.
Lemme know if you guys think it's not feasable

Gil BullyKatz said:
Wouldn't ya know I need to replace my main leafs...
The eye broke on driver side and they're both cracked all the way through. I gotta get it done by TFT... The rear bolts shouldn't be too bad ( I slapped on ORGS shackles about 2 years ago) now the fronts on the other hand....who knows
Also having BIG trouble finding stock rubber bushings... went to Lynch Jeep and Fields Jeep and autozone and Murray's and no one has the oem bushings in stock.
Lemme know if you guys think it's not feasable

Stock rubbers can be had through Carquest. If you can't get locally, call the DC in Romeoville.

grasseater said:
Stock rubbers can be had through Carquest. If you can't get locally, call the DC in Romeoville.

I don't need rubbers you pendejo... I can get those at the corner, or hidden at the bottom of my wife's purse :D

oh and btw... I'm just down the street from Romeoville right?

Earlville... Must be the water

Well Gil ... the question is ... have you been soakin' the front bolts with penetrant or tried loosening them? I've read these can be a result in several cases of beer over several days if things do not go well.

Actually, I've not replaced a main leaf yet. I do know the front bolts on mine a REAL tight, so I'll plan for the worst when I replace mine. I have a small crack started in one of my main leafs, so it's in my future.

Les

Don't even bother soaking those bolts. It won't do anything to loosen the metal bushing sleeve from the bolt. Just loosen the bolts about a 1/4 turn, then cut 'em both sides of the leaf, leaving enough on the inside to grab with a vise grips. Otherwise, you will not fail to break off the weld nut inside the frame pocket, with all the fun that entails.

Back