• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Returning to a Jeep

coop74

NAXJA Forum User
I am a returning Jeep owner. I picked up a 91 XJ 2door as a vehicle to supplement my daily driver which is one of my motorcycles. When I was younger I had a 77 CJ7 that I had built to be a rock crawler. I don't want to go to that extreme with this vehicle but I would like to build a good DD that I can take out in the FS roads in the area when I am not riding one of my dual sport bikes. I live in Alcoa TN and do not have any Jeep contacts in the area and I am looking for a good shop.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am also looking to trade the larger tire and wheel combo on the jeep I have now for some smaller thinner ones if some one is looking to trade up.

Coop

Getcha some 34' 9.50 SS Ltb's... they are kick ass skinny tires

Welcome back to the land of XJ's.

You should be in good company as there are a lot of guys in the Knoxville area. I'm sure they will chime in. Also keep checking in here as there is a lot going on around here.

FS = forrest service?? or what? Im moving back to east TN soon and would love to tag along sometime..welcome back to the Jeep.
Yes FS is forrest service. There are a good deal of them in this area.

I ride KLR650 for local rides normally so I know a fair number of them. I rode my vstrom to Alaska this year and road about 1200 miles of gravel and dirt while we were there. I also use my vstrom to ride most days to work. If you are out on Pellissipi parkway around 8 to 8:30 am and you see one it is likely me.

Coop

Hi,
My name is Joe and I am in Knoxville. There are a few others here local (shortdoug and rredalty). If you want to get together sometime shoot me a PM and I'll send you my #.

Welcome to NAXJA.

Hey coop, I real good shop in the area is Rock Your 4x4. Owner's name is Jason, the website is rockyour4x4.com. Welcome to NAXJA.

Hey coop, welcome back to XJ country! The box is right Rock Your 4x4 is awesome. Jason does great work and has awesome customer service. I got my long arm kit and some other things from him. He will take care of you.

I look at the website but could not find any contact info or their location. (ok, I am an idiot, I found it. Why dont people put their contact info on every page. It is basic advertising!)

Coop

Last edited:
Welcome back. I also say that Jason does excellent work!!

HOWDY THERE. Welcome to Knoxville, shoot me a PM if there is anything you need. What tires and size you got.

Coop, welcome back. Where in Alaska....Lived there for 3 years.
We went all over. We rode up the Alcan Highway. We spent the first night in North Pole Alaska. We dropped off the heavy stuff and rode to the Arctic Circle. We later went down to Fairbanks, including a day trip down the Kennai pennensula. AFter that we went thru Glenallen and back to Tok. I think we hit all the major highways and big dirt roads. On the way back to the states we went to Hyder Ak. It is the farthest most southern town in Ak you can travel to by car in Ak i believe.

The whole trip was about 24 days. A ride of a life time.

Coop

HOWDY THERE. Welcome to Knoxville, shoot me a PM if there is anything you need. What tires and size you got.
Sorry for taken so long to reply. I got a cold from the guy i bought the jeep from. A little gift with purchase.

The tires i think are 32.5 on a very wide rim. I am looking for something in the 30 - 31 range with narrow tread with on a narrow rim. This is my dailey driver and dont need a big tire.

Coop

Back