• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing motor... go 4.0 or 4.7?

Where is the peak TQ in the stroker vs the standard engine? Is that small amount of gain worth an extra 1200$? If you had stock gears or something lower than 4.56's I would probably say go for the stroker, but your gears make up for "less amount of power" I say just go for the 4.0L

That's a negative ghostrider.

on two counts actually. First, if done correctly, it can run on regular. Mine does, however I do run higher quality when the temps pick up, or if I am at a questionable station.

Second, Premium is on average $.20 more than regular. So on a 10gal fill up that means you spend a whole $2 more.

This alone won't scare me off, although it is good to know. Do you by chance know if an ATK 4.7 can run regular? What determines if a stroker can run regular or not? I know its the ping thats bad.

That's a negative ghostrider.

on two counts actually. First, if done correctly, it can run on regular. Mine does, however I do run higher quality when the temps pick up, or if I am at a questionable station.

Second, Premium is on average $.20 more than regular. So on a 10gal fill up that means you spend a whole $2 more.
I don't know where you get a 10 gallon fill up from but mine has 17 gallon tank and it cost me almost $50 to fill it up. Add on another .20 cents a gallon, if your lucky, and that another $10 every fill up. I fill up at least once a week so that's another $520 a year!!!! That's if I only fill up once a week.

I don't know where you get a 10 gallon fill up from but mine has 17 gallon tank and it cost me almost $50 to fill it up. Add on another .20 cents a gallon, if your lucky, and that another $10 every fill up. I fill up at least once a week so that's another $520 a year!!!! That's if I only fill up once a week.

I'll give one more math lesson tonight:

If 10 gallons of gas at a $.20 increase is equal to $2 extra, then 20gal at the same increased rate would equal $4. You can pump the extra 3 gallons into the next guys car if you want, I am using nice round numbers for the examples. However,to make you happy, 17 gallons of gas at $.2 per gallon is $3.40 per tank, and $176.8 per year. And almost everywhere I have been in the country since I started driving, premium runs an average of $.2 greater than regular. Occasionally I have seen it higher.

I almost caught your ninja edit there too.

I don't know where you get a 10 gallon fill up from but mine has 17 gallon tank and it cost me almost $50 to fill it up. Add on another .20 cents a gallon, if your lucky, and that another $10 every fill up.

I hope you are better at other things then you are at math. 20 cent extra a gallon on a 17 gallon tank is $3.40. Far away from $10.

And do you really new two threads for basically the same thing?

I hope you are better at other things then you are at math. 20 cent extra a gallon on a 17 gallon tank is $3.40. Far away from $10.

And do you really new two threads for basically the same thing?

No, I dont need two threads, but someone thought i should be on street and performance, so I started that one.

Sorry, my bad.

On the upside, I ordered my ATK 4.7 today! 3 days it will be here! Total was $2,750 shipped.

Back