• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing bushings on adjustable track bar?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
sorry for the newbie question--- just never had to do this before.
The sway bar link bushings on my rough country adjustable trackbar need to be replaced -- where can I get a replacement set, and how do I replace them?
I'm assuming I could always just call roughcountry ... but are these just standard poly bushings?

Sway bar/links are different from trackbar. But, the bushing is easily replaceable. When I ordered a new one for my RE a few years ago I think it was around 10$. If you go on amazon and search for your specific bushing should be cheap, or at least give you a PN that you can interchange at your local Carquest/Napa, etc.

that's what's tripping me up.... what do I search on?

This is what is missing-- I must not have put the pin in completely, and the bushing and pin just worked it's way out:
bgv13k.jpg

Call rough country

Ummm, no. That is a sway bar link.

anyway, I called them, they're sending them out. $20 for a set of two bushings and pins... jeeze...

WHen you get them, maybe go to your local parts store and see if you can match them for future replacement.
Glad that I asked to confirm and that you got this all figured out.

Back