• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX no start... no fuel...., no clue...

We had one of these in my 89 4.0 recently.
Might i suggest go ahead and pull the ECU (just above the gas pedal) and probe c14 and c15 for ground. i think that's the ground. they're both black.
Mine was disconnected from the ground junction just above the oil filter on the passenger side of the block.
Good luck.
Sam

Make sure you have a good (as in clean and tight) connection where the CPS plugs into the injection harness.

We had one of these in my 89 4.0 recently.
Might i suggest go ahead and pull the ECU (just above the gas pedal) and probe c14 and c15 for ground. i think that's the ground. they're both black.
Mine was disconnected from the ground junction just above the oil filter on the passenger side of the block.
Good luck.
Sam

i assume you mean back probe it, while the connector is still plugged in? will try that tommorrow when i move it back to my side of the street (damn street sweeping)

welp, got it started tonight, i'd like to thank cal and willy51 for swingin by and diagnosing it as a bad ecu..... cals opinion was to just swap out the ecu, run it, and if it burns up another ecu, then trace the wires and inspect for damage... finally got it up and running...had to do a victory burn out.... it sat so long i had a tire low.... thanks again cal and willy51, appreciate it.

Back