• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix issues: stumbling, misfiring....no fun.

Ok is the solenoid on the drivers fender the EGR solenoid? I have vacume coming from the front of that thing but not the back side that goes to the EGR valve.

yes it is the EGR sol. and at idle, that's the correct result of testing. The ECU energizes the solenoid and closes off vacuum to the valve at idle, cold start, and engine deceleration to allow smooth operation. If rough idle is present, I would remove and block off the EGR to determine if it's the culprit (they can get gunked up internally and never really close)

I third the MAP sensor suggestion. Check the vacuum line from the TB to the MAP sensor.

Then test the MAP sensor and double check it's values. I had accidentally pulled the vacuum hose off my MAP sensor. It ran like absolute crap.

I hate to jump in on this but I have same year XJ with same engine, my issue however is VERY high idle at start-up about 2k rpm's sometimes it kicks down after 30 sec. and sometimes only after driving it 5 or more miles, things that are new...TPS CPS air charge sensor and air needle valve? what am I missing? thank you all in advance

I hate to jump in on this but I have same year XJ with same engine, my issue however is VERY high idle at start-up about 2k rpm's sometimes it kicks down after 30 sec. and sometimes only after driving it 5 or more miles, things that are new...TPS CPS air charge sensor and air needle valve? what am I missing? thank you all in advance

I third the MAP sensor suggestion. Check the vacuum line from the TB to the MAP sensor.

Then test the MAP sensor and double check it's values. I had accidentally pulled the vacuum hose off my MAP sensor. It ran like absolute crap.

^quoted for link and MAP suggestion^

I don't know for sure if he ever solved it, but you will want to start with the same tests he performed- use the link provided and be sure you get good results for each before movin on. He never tested the MAP that I could tell, but it is definitely a possibility for"engine load related problems."

Back