• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX Hell...

Fixed! After pulling the ecu and testing each wire in the harness end-to-end without significant results, I plugged the computer back in and discovered it now runs perfectly. Bad connection. Considering how badly my dash rattles I shouldn't be surprised, although in hindsight I probably should've looked there alot sooner. :doh: Thanks for the help guys, and thanks again to 8mud for the wiring diagrams, hopefully I won't need them before I can get around to sticking a 2bbl on there.

I shoulda posted this up earlier, I guess.

Cruiser’s Renix ECU Connector Refreshing
Many times when other fixes have failed, it becomes necessary to eliminate the ECU to harness connections as a cause. This requires removing the ECU.
Up under the dash, to the right of the steering column is the ECU. It is held in by three 10mm headed bolts to a bracket. It’s most easily removed using a ratcheting wrench but a socket will work.
Once you get the ECU down, unplug the two harness connectors from it. Visually inspect the connectors and pins.
Using a good quality electronics cleaner, liberally spray both of the harness ends and the ECU pin area.
Now, take a small pick or a dental tool and go to the harness connectors. Using the tool, tweak each female receptacle in the harness plugs so they will grasp the ECU pins more tightly.
Plug the harnesses back on to the ECU and reinstall it. I usually only use two of the bolts because the third is a bear.
Revised 07/11/12

Now he tells me! Haha sometimes we're just destined to do things the hard way, at least now I know. Nice to have my truck back... or at least it was for an hour or so before I slung another u joint. :smsoap: Gotta wait till monday before i can order another D35 yoke. You know what they say, if it aint one thing....

Back