• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix distributor

forgot him THANKS!

The "Renix Killer" ground, how can I get that off. I've seemed to lost my swivel joint for the socket and the wrench aint doing it? There's a "lip" on the fire wall that is stopping me from using a str8 extension socket. I might just pound the lip in that area back to get the socket in. The ground wire is covered in burnt engine oil...

Lemme make sure I got all the grounds covered...

1. Driver fender well
2. fire wall
3. dip stick bolt
4. battery post

That covers em all?!

MOOSE16285 said:
The "Renix Killer" ground, how can I get that off. I've seemed to lost my swivel joint for the socket and the wrench aint doing it? There's a "lip" on the fire wall that is stopping me from using a str8 extension socket. I might just pound the lip in that area back to get the socket in. The ground wire is covered in burnt engine oil...

Lemme make sure I got all the grounds covered...

1. Driver fender well
2. fire wall
3. dip stick bolt
4. battery post

That covers em all?!
Accept inside under the driverside kick panel.

on the renix killer i would just run a new solid thick wire for the time being from the firewall to your engine block or just to test it even to the neg battery post you may have to fanangle the connection there but it looks pretty direct in for your socket

Is the renix killer bolt on the engine a 17 or 11/16... or a 17.5 if that exsists?! I had to hammer my 17mm on it n now cant get it off... 11/16 too big n 15mm and 5/8 too small... Ab how much are the renix killer cables cause mine was frayed n really messed up... the contacts r dirty n the creempin was loose. n i rather have a new good one...

should be able to get a generic one at the parts store, it's just a grounding strap. If anything, make a temp one out of a battery cable, at least then you'll know if it's the problem, and you can source a new one from a JY or something.

like 87manche said just run anything to try you would not even need to take the bolt out... im betting this will start your jeep

wilcharl said:
like 87manche said just run anything to try you would not even need to take the bolt out... im betting this will start your jeep
I've simply ripped the braided one off and replaced it with side-post ground cable from autopats store. I've also ran it from firewall to the diptstick.

roundtoit? Whats that?
Anyway, I just got back in from being all day out there working on it...
Got the renix killer replaced w a sidepost cable. Cleaned em all out good. And went to crank it...

Nada... Nothing at all. Now I got a leaking fuel injector. So I'll get back to it later. I'm hungry... Time for some beers and food at the local sports bar...

undo your ecm take every wire from the ecm thats suppose to be grounded and make sure its grounded... then check for coninuity from your cps to the ecm...

MOOSE16285 said:
roundtoit? Whats that?
Anyway, I just got back in from being all day out there working on it...
Got the renix killer replaced w a sidepost cable. Cleaned em all out good. And went to crank it...

Nada... Nothing at all. Now I got a leaking fuel injector. So I'll get back to it later. I'm hungry... Time for some beers and food at the local sports bar...
Around to it= roundtoit

Ecu Ecm Eieio

Back