• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX computer gets HOT!!!!

Under the driver side dash is a black wire for the instrument cluster. It is held to the lower dash panel near where a diagonal brace attaches, with a sheet metal screw. I usually extend that wire and attach it to a stud in the driver's kick panel near the fusebox.

Note from DJ
Do you have an aftermarket amplifier tucked away somewhere to power up extra speakers, if so a bad ground connection for it might be your problem with your Hot ECU.
Hear is information on testing grounds that I may have not included in my previous posts.

Ground ohms test
From Ecomike: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=939154&page=2
Red lead on what you want to test, Black lead to Battery ground post, place meter on lowest ohms setting available if it is reading is over 1.0 ohms it is a problem.

TEST the ground at each sensor, power off, with ohms! You want less than 1 ohm from sensor grounds to the battery negative post. Add new grounds if needed!!!!

Thanks for all your help will post what i find this weekend also yes i do have a amp tucked away nothing big just 400 watts but so that i will know for my on peace of mind how does the amp having a bad ground cause the ecu to get hot Thanks

Back