• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing wood siding decal

gr8Tyres

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, just planning to repaint the 89 Waggy, and want to know of any "sure fire ways' to remove the decal. I think the trim pieces just pull out with a thin prybar, but then what?
Thanks

Pliers with a heat gun to soften the glue is probably the easiest.

Lorena Bobbitt. I would ask her.

Sorry had too. But as said before Heat gun works really good, did a truck that was wrapped for 10 yrs out here in the desert. Take your time an it well work.

I'm just removing the old scratched decals. I'll paint it, then put wood decals back on with the trim also.
Remember: WOOD IS GOOD

I'm just removing the old scratched decals. I'll paint it, then put wood decals back on with the trim also.
Remember: WOOD IS GOOD

I was hoping you WOOD do that :wave:

A hot hair dryer and a putty knife should work well.
When decals and stripping harden and crack into hundreds of separate pieces, heat doesn't work well, that's when the rubber wheel comes out.
It works many times faster without any chance of scratching the paint and also removes the majority of the adhesive.
If you care about the paint, plastic scrappers and plastic razor blades are the proper tools, not metal putty knives.

Back